onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a collage educated buffoon here who is pushing the local energy Co. to bury the high tension lines under ground. Claiming they interfere with the learning abilities of a school near by. Also claiming they cause cancer. The part that's crazy it will add 35 to 50 million to the project. plus going across many people's property's. Now I don't know how many amps a wind farm produces but how do will you turn them under ground when another nut job graduates?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Just because a line is buried doesn't mean the magnetic flux goes away. There has been questions about the effects of not only power lines but other devices like water bed heaters and electric blankets. I've never seen anything conclusive about it. We had a guy trying to sue the power company over the danger of high tension lines on his land. The news rushed out there to see him hold a bare florescent light tube up to the lines and watch it glow. A glowing light doesn't automatically mean danger though. A court would probably rule on the concept of "The Greater Good"
A woman in a school district wanted the school to stop using any product that contained any petroleum products including cleaning products and all florescent light lenses in ceiling lights. She claimed these products were causing her child's learning problems. She was able to find a person with a degree that had a paper published on this theory. That was her evidence.
I think living is killing us. One possible effect of buried lines is all the night crawlers will pop up causing a drop in pricing and a market glut of angle worms.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There have been many tests thru the years about damaging effects of electromagnetic fields. None that I know of have proved damaging to humans. I must mention that there is a test in progress now about cell damage caused by MRC over usage. ...Frank

hot cat 2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread