Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Dave, didn't mean to offend. However, you will never sell me on any of the younger generation disrespect, indoctrinated, easier to scam nonsense. I am the younger generation...

I know. I believe in you though. You are one of the few of your generation that may be salvaged with age, but it is hard to tell because of how close you are to the educated elite coming from universities these days. You are a reasoning person that has been fed more indoctrination than you can search through, yet.

I remember seeing some politicians, Like the inventor of the internet, telling kids they are smarter than their parents, and generally know more than there parents do. If you ask me that is indoctrination. But you are the doctor.

Respectfully,
Dave

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Dave, didn't mean to offend. However, you will never sell me on any of the younger generation disrespect, indoctrinated, easier to scam nonsense. I am the younger generation...

Younger Generation? 12 years of med school (As you stated, unless your a 10 year old prodigy?) your over the hill.) On the blue pill yet:laughing7: Once your teenage years are over your old hat as far as the younger generation sees you:hello:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I know. I believe in you though. You are one of the few of your generation that may be salvaged with age, but it is hard to tell because of how close you are to the educated elite coming from universities these days. You are a reasoning person that has been fed more indoctrination than you can search through, yet.

I remember seeing some politicians, Like the inventor of the internet, telling kids they are smarter than their parents, and generally know more than there parents do. If you ask me that is indoctrination. But you are the doctor.

Respectfully,
Dave

Salvaged? I'm not a shipwreck, lol. I'm not quite sure what you think they are teaching at universities but most of it is a money making thing. Its hard throw a slant on biochemistry, anatomy, cell biology, organic chemistry...etc. Maybe it is different for history and economics majors but never had anything but basic courses there. I'm not going to say I know more then the older generation of doctors but I certainly know different things. They will readily admit they do not have the background in biochemistry, neuroanatomy, and pharmacology that I do. What they do have is experience and wisdom. In fact, we look to them for guidance. HOWEVER:

It is kind of hard to take guidance from somebody who is saying the younger generation is rotten and indoctrinated, the country is headed for a civil war, and there will be bloodshed. To use a younger expression: "Do you feel my flow?"

Respecting his elders,
Crispin

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read about this about 5 years ago on Infowars.com,maybe now some people will not think Alex Jones's is a nut.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every generation think the following one is lazy, going down hill, to liberal etc etc. this has been going on forever and is absolutes nothing new. We call it human nature. And in the end the younger generation isn't any different it's just that the older generation has gotten more conservative and grumpy. It's quite common for older folks to fear change and anything new. That's why I think it's important for older folks to continue to learn throughout their lives. Just my 2 cents.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Crispy

I did say indoctrinated,, I did not say rotten, never said there will be bloodshed or civil war. But you did say the shamble of the country was the older generations fault.

Why would you say that? What are you really trying to say, as you respect your elders?

Alas, I had your attitude about 20 years ago myself. No worries.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr Crispy

I did say indoctrinated,, I did not say rotten, never said there will be bloodshed or civil war. But you did say the shamble of the country was the older generations fault.

Why would you say that? What are you really trying to say, as you respect your elders?

Alas, I had your attitude about 20 years ago myself. No worries.

No, you have not said civil war and bloodshed but plenty of others have. You did not say rotten, I was just paraphrasing. I'm not blaming the older generation because I don't think there is anything wrong to blame. Just getting tired of all the Obama bashing. I got to go change a baby...brb.

Crispy

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many terrorists have the TSA put off, just by doing what they do now? We don't know do we? I know people like you are intent on never gaining any security if it means the slightest bit of inconvenience to your little world. Doesn't matter what anyone else in the US feels like, just as long as you're ok! I'll guarantee that on your next flight, if any, that if you got to the airport and there was no security, no metal detectors to walk through, no TSA pat downs, and six Arabs got on the plane behind you....you'd be having a VERY nervous and uncomfortable flight..right?

I guess "the way i am" comes natural...why?

TSA has caught not one terrorist...if you think they are put off knowing TSA plays with their junk just to get on a plane..is insane....

TSA is only there to get us use to being handled like slaves and nothing more...they will be on trains and on roads next, just wait....they will be fondling everyone that leaves their house soon very soon...wait till they issue them guns...I bet it is coming...

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Every generation starts out stumbling like a baby. It's expected. After awhile they catch their balance and do ok. I admire the younger generation especially for one thing. They get to live. I want to do it all over again, only different because I already know how my life turned out. My life is ok but I like surprises.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every generation think the following one is lazy, going down hill, to liberal etc etc. this has been going on forever and is absolutes nothing new. We call it human nature. And in the end the younger generation isn't any different it's just that the older generation has gotten more conservative and grumpy. It's quite common for older folks to fear change and anything new. That's why I think it's important for older folks to continue to learn throughout their lives. Just my 2 cents.

This is true...but when the older gen. see's history happening again...the reason is because it has..before!

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, you have not said civil war and bloodshed but plenty of others have. You did not say rotten, I was just paraphrasing. I'm not blaming the older generation because I don't think there is anything wrong to blame. Just getting tired of all the Obama bashing. I got to go change a baby...brb.

Crispy

Okay, I am replying to myself because I had to post and run to change the baby. Baby is changed. Anyhow...

I totally believe you had the same attitude twenty years ago...what happened? When you were my age were your elders taking about how the youth had gone to pot and the country was going down the tubes? I remember my grandfather telling stories about hearing the same type of garbage, and he told me to never believe it. He was born in 1910! Yup, he was Jewish as well. How old does that put him during the stock market crash and great depression? How old does that put him during the rise of Hitler and WWII. He kept a detailed journal documenting what life was like for him at the time. America has come a long way since then and for the better! My respected elders keep saying America is getting worse...from my perspective, it keeps getting better.

Crispin

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Obama is nothing but a treasonous dirtbag... and I refuse to acknowledge him as a leader...
I'm a recently separated veteran and I can tell you 90% of the active duty personnel that I have met feel the same way...
They just are not allowed to speak out because the ucmj puts them in a whole new world...
You say Obama deserves respect...
I say he deserves to be impeached taken to Gitmo and locked in a 5x8 cell for the rest if his miserable life..
He's undermining our country and selling us to the highest bidder...
I don't need to point out the countless acts of treason he's committed and all of the lies hes pushing all that's out there... now only if congress would grow a spine and do something about it before its to late. but I'm afraid their bought...
You can preach all the Pro Obama crap you want but I promise you your gonna wakeup one day and realize the hand that's feeding you is choking you...
You damn people are giving up your freedoms so fast your gonna be living in a FEMA camp before you can blink...
You ever see the movie equilibrium...
If you wanna live like that move to china or North Korea....
We are Americans... we came here to be free...
Thousands of lives have been lost fighting tyranny defending our freedoms....
In fact you can thank them for most of the cool stuff you relic hunters get to dig up..
But we got complacent and lazy letting the state and federal government grow out of control...
Some poor kid just got suspended from school because his pop-tart was shaped like a gun...
Another highschool student was forced to take off a US Marines t-shirt or be suspended...
We need to wakeup and act and fight for our freedoms once more or its over...
OK... Sry guys I'll stop ranting now...
Y'all have a great night...

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Crispin,
Your Grandfather was wrong. But you should have taken a lesson from it. "Every generation says that crap". Why would suppose that is?

As Hvacker said "Every generation starts out stumbling like a baby. It's expected. After awhile they catch their balance and do ok. I admire the younger generation especially for one thing. They get to live. I want to do it all over again, only different because I already know how my life turned out. My life is ok but I like surprises."

Do you know what this means? It means you are not born with all of the information the world has to offer. And you cannot learn it all by the time you are 30 either.

I think you will be a fine man in your future. I may not be around, but I hope you start to see reality instead of the things you hope are real.

I am rooting for you, So is Hvacker!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Glad to see you're still being rebellious.....that's what it's all about.....actually I thought I had all the answers until I was about 45 years of age......18 years later now I've finally realized that I've only scratched the surface of what knowledge is out there.....

When I was mentoring the rookie marketeers I told them your education gave you a good foundation....now it's time to take off the training wheels and use the gray matter to sort out what's fact and fiction.....and yes the generations before me probably thought my crowd were a lost cause......for the most part we muddled through and hopefully are a bit wiser for the added years we've been around.

Regards + HH

Bill

Okay, I am replying to myself because I had to post and run to change the baby. Baby is changed. Anyhow...

I totally believe you had the same attitude twenty years ago...what happened? When you were my age were your elders taking about how the youth had gone to pot and the country was going down the tubes? I remember my grandfather telling stories about hearing the same type of garbage, and he told me to never believe it. He was born in 1910! Yup, he was Jewish as well. How old does that put him during the stock market crash and great depression? How old does that put him during the rise of Hitler and WWII. He kept a detailed journal documenting what life was like for him at the time. America has come a long way since then and for the better! My respected elders keep saying America is getting worse...from my perspective, it keeps getting better.

Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Crispin,
Your Grandfather was wrong. But you should have taken a lesson from it. "Every generation says that crap". Why would suppose that is?

As Hvacker said "Every generation starts out stumbling like a baby. It's expected. After awhile they catch their balance and do ok. I admire the younger generation especially for one thing. They get to live. I want to do it all over again, only different because I already know how my life turned out. My life is ok but I like surprises."

Do you know what this means? It means you are not born with all of the information the world has to offer. And you cannot learn it all by the time you are 30 either.

I think you will be a fine man in your future. I may not be around, but I hope you start to see reality instead of the things you hope are real.

I am rooting for you, So is Hvacker!

Dave,
Be fair to me. I have never said I have all the information. In fact, I tell my patients on a regular basis: "The older I get and the more experience I have the less I know." Thanks for the compliment. I'm not trying to use my grandfather as a litmus test for truth...I'm just giving you a glimpse into how much I respect my elders.

Death is but a mockery,
And life a thing on reel,
There is nothing tangible,
Save loudly, clanging steel.

Crisp,

I would like to thank healthgeo a thousand times over for proving my point. I really could not have made a better argument then that.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
"The older I get and the more experience I have the less I know". Now by gosh your're gettin warm! GodBless Chris

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, as you know we agree on lots of things and disagree on lots of things. I would like to know what about our country is getting better? As I see it we are loosing freedoms faster and faster...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin my friend, I brought the Constitution in only because you said the laws have to adapt to the drone technology.

I am sorry, but I sincerely believe no technology is worth the price of violating the Constitution, no technology gives any president, no matter what party he is from the right to kill American citizens on American soil with out due process of law or any judicial overview.

States are passing laws outlawing drones in their air space so I am obviously not the only one who finds it troubling....

For me it is pure arrogance for any president to think they have the right to kill American citizens on U.S. soil without any judicial over view and feel they are entitled to that right with out question. Nixon resigned for a lot less and he was only guilty of thinking he had the right to cover up a burglary...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread