Birds in my garage

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been unpredictable weather here in the midwest and a few migratory birds are confused. At the moment it is snowing and in the high 20's. I was in my garage with the garage door open smoking a cigarette and all of a sudden a bird comes out from under my steps. It was a cute little bugger and it had a red mark on its head. I went inside and looked it up, it turns out it was a ruby crowned kinglet. I told my wife and she came out with a camara and took some pics. The camara wasnt working so I do not have any pics. When I went out there later there was 2 of them in my garage and I noticed they were eating the flys I killed a few days earlier when it was in the 60's. Now I just have to keep my cats from the garage because these little guys are very trusting and let me pick them up.

If anyone is wondering the Ruby crowned kinglet is a tiny bird and is very trusting from my experience, they live in Canada and migrate to the southern US.

OP
OP
arnofarrell

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my wife last night not to let the cats out into the garage so she didn't but she let our dogs out. I dont know if the birds made it or not but my wife says she saw atleast one fly out. My dogs are notorious for killing anything, they killed a rabbit the other day and brought it to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread