squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
perhaps, and just perhaps, the reason they are in the line is because unless they are "model" citizens they can't get hired to any job. And while I'm on the subject, why do you guys pee in a cup in order to have employment? Doesn't that sound like someone is presuming you are a drug user? I can hardly believe that someone with 5 degrees would have to go through that. Could you possibly tell us what 5 degrees you have and what you do for a living? And even more importantly, WHY DO YOU TOLERATE THAT? Do you do drugs?
Do you think your elected representatives should also be tested for drugs every 5 months or whenever their constituency thinks they are doing idiotic things?

It's already been proven that the folks that receive welfare have no more tendency to use or abuse drugs than the general population. That number is 2%. Does it make you feel superior to those that may need welfare to live? I know, instead of giving out ebt cards or whateve, we can hire governmental employees to deliver a standard amount of food to each person that is on a program. They may get a lot of rice and beans, peanut butter and cheese but they won't be getting any soda or water. What do you think? I will propose this to the floriduh legislature on Tuesday and submit my contract to perform such service at a nominal million dollar fee. Are you ok with that?

Remember, Jesus gave to everyone, He never asked why.

I have no interest in an argument. .Each of us has our own personal and professional opinion. My comes from a professional observation and I do not agree with you.
When we support those who abuse the system, however broken it gives a bad name for all. I will also say that I support ALL able bodied people WORKING LIKE ADULTS..for welfare or employment. .along with drug and etoh testing..how about ie you do some needed job then you get a return for that..NOTHING is free it comes with a price! !!
And FYI since I have nothing to hide I would not care how often I was tested if it was a requirement for job or whatever!
You can have a kind loving heart and still hold people accountable. ..unfortunately our system does not get it!!

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no argument from me, just my thoughts. If your employer wants to go through your trash or clotheshamper because they feel they need to, I say go for it. Who cares what they might be looking for or why. All pretense of privacy should be given up in order to obtain employment or substinence. Right?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
psst, I don't believe you to be a nethaneral. Don't even try to put words out there that I didn't use. Why did you have to try that?
I just read through the recent posts, and Davest yes you did imply that.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I as well go through drug testing, so Dave you tell me why someone who does not work for their money is better than I and therefore should not have any conditions placed upon them to receive benefits? And please no insults...

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no argument from me, just my thoughts. If your employer wants to go through your trash or clotheshamper because they feel they need to, I say go for it. Who cares what they might be looking for or why. All pretense of privacy should be given up in order to obtain employment or substinence. Right?

It's not an all or nothing issue..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other

Davest, am I reading this right. Are you saying that our employers should be able to go through our stuff if they feel they need to? That's what you said, you said "I say go for it?

That's from about the bottom of the trash barrel don't you think?

Please clarify your beliefs on this for me. This poor Neanderthal (correct spelling) is confused by why anyone would want to subject us to this. Stalin & Hitler did this I'm sure.....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the greatest nation in the world. Food should not cost a thing. Along with medical, energy, gas......you get the idea.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what was meant: by allowing an employer to require a pre employment urinalysis you may as well allow them to go through your trash, your hamper, your social network and anything else they may want to do. If it's not an "all or nothing" issue, what is it? Where do you draw the line? When they ask "How many and what type of guns do you own?"???
And while we're on that, why don't we drug test everyone that wants to buy a firearm? It would seem to me they can cause more harm than a person drawing foodstamps or ebt.

I can see that I've been accused of saying people that are not working should be held to a laxer status than those that do, when in fact, I asked, WHY DO YOU SUBMIT TO DRUG TESTING WITHOUT CAUSE? Big difference and no insult intended or extended.

Would you be so kind as to show me the "neanderthal" post I made? Thanks much.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the greatest nation in the world. Food should not cost a thing. Along with medical, energy, gas......you get the idea.

Yeah! Its called entitlement. ....Lol!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
and this has what to do with the 2nd amendment?

supposedly this is the richest country in the world, do you know how many kids go to bed hungry each day? How about how many kids are homeless?

Now you can start with all the stories about how you've stood in lines while people are paying for Xboxes and steaks with SNAP cards.

What? No one here is saying anyone should do without. Go back to your other conversation, wherever that is, and post this comment. Doesn't fit here.

Personally I don't know how many kids go to bed hungry each day. I'll factor a guess though ... that with a few exceptions ... it is directly proportional to the number of parents who are too damned lazy to work and would rather live off welfare than earn an honest dollar.

Ditto for the homeless ones.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
what was meant: by allowing an employer to require a pre employment urinalysis you may as well allow them to go through your trash, your hamper, your social network and anything else they may want to do. If it's not an "all or nothing" issue, what is it? Where do you draw the line? When they ask "How many and what type of guns do you own?"???
And while we're on that, why don't we drug test everyone that wants to buy a firearm? It would seem to me they can cause more harm than a person drawing foodstamps or ebt.

I can see that I've been accused of saying people that are not working should be held to a laxer status than those that do, when in fact, I asked, WHY DO YOU SUBMIT TO DRUG TESTING WITHOUT CAUSE? Big difference and no insult intended or extended.

Would you be so kind as to show me the "neanderthal" post I made? Thanks much.

I see your way of thinking, and I have to agree with quite a bit of it.

Please correct me if I am wrong. You said that if we allow ourselves to be drug tested, then we are also allowing them to do anything they want to do with us, like look through our trash?

I have to agree that you are right on this, we are giving in too much on our rights.

I once worked for a nuclear utility with random drug tests. I was randomly tested, every single month for 6 years = 72 times. In the meantime, I had a co-worker who received a speeding ticket. He was terminated.

I felt it was the right thing to do, keep working to support my family. Instead I was surrendering my rights voluntarily....

Geez, I was a perfect citizen, and this was 20 years ago.

Though I do disagree with your statement that everything should be free, at the cost of the less than 50% of us who work. We can't do that, it is not sustainable. But maybe you have a point of sarcasm there, and you are right about that as well.

So, I give you 2 points well made.

As for my 2nd Amendment rights, I don't own a single firearm (but don't tell the local felons that.) I do have a sparkling clean record. But that does not mean that I give up my 2nd Amendment rights. I fought for those rights, though I personally have not taken those rights to own firearms - I am not to dictate against those rights for others. It's the same as my view on abortion. Personally I am against it - but it is not the decision that I would make for others. Who am I to tell a woman what she must do with her own situation?

As individuals, we must also honor the legal rights of others.

As to the statement, I identified myself as a Neanderthal, merely spell checking - please pardon - once wanted to be an English professor - even criticize myself when I hit send prior to checking my own fingertips.

Davest - I think you are actually making valid points, and much depends on how they are read by others. In life it is always in the way we phrase things, and of course the interpretation of those who read them.

You and I may not agree, and sometimes quite thoroughly 180 degrees apart.

So you sir, take care of yourself, and do try to understand where conservatives come from as well.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well stated Deepseeker!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took drug tests to get my last 3 jobs covering a period of 28 years..... I am subject to a drug test at any time and also if I have a car accident while driving company vehicle, or on the job accident. I don't like it, but I accept it as a part of my employment as they have a right to set their standards for employment....I have taken 4 drug tests since going to work for this company, one when I hired on, 1 after a small fender bender, and 2 for on the job accidents, only thing they find in my blood is caffeine since I drink coffee.... To get my jobs and keep my jobs I had to give up recreational smoking....

I strongly believe every single person on any type of welfare or food stamps should be required to take a drug test, every one, it is taxpayers money and taxpayers have a right to know our money is not being spent to finance a drug habit........

If your going to apply for a job with your pants hanging off your butt, hat on sideways, in dirty clothes, smelling of alcohol the odds of you getting a good job or any job other than menial labor is slim to none. I have seen this time and time again, I look and shake my head, white, black, brown doesn't matter, dress how ever you want off the job, but when applying for a job dress to be hired, not to hang with your street buds......

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dang it, if I have to be tested in order to get and keep my job, then the folks who don't want to work damn sure better be willing to be tested if they want to continue to draw a check.

What really gets me going is that when you report these folks who fraudulently apply for and receive these benefits, you are treated like you are a criminal.

My brother-in-law gets food stamps, and he works full time, actually runs the business. He pays his son and his daughter-in-law, but they show no income so get food stamps as well. I reported them, and was told by the nice lady, "it's none of your damned business what they do."

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dang it, if I have to be tested in order to get and keep my job, then the folks who don't want to work damn sure better be willing to be tested if they want to continue to draw a check.

What really gets me going is that when you report these folks who fraudulently apply for and receive these benefits, you are treated like you are a criminal.

My brother-in-law gets food stamps, and he works full time, actually runs the business. He pays his son and his daughter-in-law, but they show no income so get food stamps as well. I reported them, and was told by the nice lady, "it's none of your damned business what they do."
This is standard operating procedure in Maine as well. Although last year Maine actually prosecuted 12 yes 12 cases of fraud last year. This is up 100% from the year before in which Maine prosecuted 6 cases of fraud. :BangHead:
I know of more than that myself. But if I report than they will threaten me with jail time...

OP
OP
0121stockpicker

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is standard operating procedure in Maine as well. Although last year Maine actually prosecuted 12 yes 12 cases of fraud last year. This is up 100% from the year before in which Maine prosecuted 6 cases of fraud. :BangHead:
I know of more than that myself. But if I report than they will threaten me with jail time...

Has any state ever outsourced fraud detection etc. pay a fee or bonus to a company for every fraud case they find.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am not aware of any, but it does seem like it would be a good opportunity for a company to pursue if a state was serious about prosecuting.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has any state ever outsourced fraud detection etc. pay a fee or bonus to a company for every fraud case they find.

Stock, here's a chance to make a killing. Let's get together on this and we'll open branches of food delivery for foodstamp recipients and we'll also run down fraud cases.

I have a slight problem with a guy in Florida. It seems he was the head honcho of medical insurance company that bilked the tax payers out of billions of dollars, his company paid a l.7 billion dollar fine, gave him $300,000,000.00 to go away and he got elected to the governorship of the state. I would think his multi billion dollar fraud scheme cost a bit more than 6 people collecting WIC/EBT/foodstamps. Do you have any ideas as to how to prosecute him?

BTW, he also had a line of drug testing companies that tested welfare recipients at a charge of $35.00 each. The testee had to pay for the test prior to receiving any benefit, if they passed the state was to reimburse. After a few months the state stopped the testing because too many people were coming out clean and they had no money to reimburse the testees. Also, the courts found the testing to be "unconstitutional".

In order to assure the citizens there was no conflict of interest involved, the guy in Florida transferred the ownership of his drug testing company to his wife. Is America a great country, or what?:occasion14:

Just wondering, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE DRUG TESTED FOR EMPLOYMENT? I can almost understand LEOs being tested (incl steroids), airline pilots, nuke plant operators, and lawyers but I don't understand why burger flippers, file clerks and highway sign holders need it. I notice elected officials get a pass too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread