Relic Hunting

onadraw

Sep 28, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excalibur II, Tesoro Lobo ST, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man thats Old School.. The first energy drink.

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around here they put them in RC Cola. I haven't tried it, but know lots of people that love it that way.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep very good mmmmmmmmmmmm

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I grew up with that here down South. I'd do it when I lived in Michigan and it grossed out the Yanks.

Bottle of coke, drink it down a few swallows, pour a pack of salted peanuts in, and them drink it, nuts in each swallow. You run out of peanuts too soon though.

And YES! The first energy drink!

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
daddy did it, grandpappy did it.

I do it.

Also, lemon juice in coke is awesome too.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Around here they put them in RC Cola. I haven't tried it, but know lots of people that love it that way.

When I was about 11, around 1960, every Saturday night we'd pop popcorn and watch Shock Theater - the old black & white horror flicks.

I was drinking an RC, and was getting down to the end of the RC. You know how you lip sucks into the bottle... Something hit my lip.

Turned the bottle up to the light and there was a cockroach floating in murky RC. They'd bottled it like that - those days of 2 cent deposit.

And that was the very last RC Cola I've ever tasted....

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry deepseeker. I was driving a delivery truck for my dad when I was 12. My snacks were RC with a bag of Tom's salted peanuts poured in. Loved it then, love it now. That and a Moonpie---and we are Texans, but those deep south people sure know how to snack. God bless em...

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry deepseeker. I was driving a delivery truck for my dad when I was 12. My snacks were RC with a bag of Tom's salted peanuts poured in. Loved it then, love it now. That and a Moonpie---and we are Texans, but those deep south people sure know how to snack. God bless em...

I'll keep with the cokes, but Moon Pies are great!!!!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great stuff, but not quite as good as big glass of sweet tea with bit of orange juice and a couple shots of Jacques Daniels Black Label.

That's Jack Daniels to you non Cajuns.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you like a good tasting drink try this.A glass of milk,hersheys syrup,CoCo real Gourmet cream of coconut and a couple of belts of rum.Theres no set recipe,trial and error to suit your taste.Its like taking a bite out of a mounds bar.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Also heard some folks like to slam some salt on the head of a cheap beer. Anyone enjoy this?

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
one of my fav memories is going to town with my uncle & if I behaved I got to have coke & peanuts on the drive back to the farm. It took practice to keep the coke from fizzing over the top

OP
OP
joe_dirt

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies and other suggestions, I'll definitely be trying some of them. Coke and peanuts being the first!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the first time I've heard this talked about since I was a kid. In the 60's I used to ride my bike to a little country store. First ever convenience gas station general store, about 20' x 20 log cabin and that's what they called it "The Log Cabin Store" There was always a couple farmers in the corner drinkin Coke n Peanuts and playin Checkers. I always thought they were crazy till I tried it. Oh Yeah and I'm a Yank, NW Indiana. Hunter

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the first time I've heard this talked about since I was a kid. In the 60's I used to ride my bike to a little country store. First ever convenience gas station general store, about 20' x 20 log cabin and that's what they called it "The Log Cabin Store" There was always a couple farmers in the corner drinkin Coke n Peanuts and playin Checkers. I always thought they were crazy till I tried it. Oh Yeah and I'm a Yank, NW Indiana. Hunter

The South is rising again!

Maybe all the Yankees are moving down here for the coke & peanuts :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread