Rules are Rules

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The Good news:
It was a normal day in Sharon Springs , Kansas , when a Union Pacific crew boarded a loaded coal train for the long trek to Salina .

The Bad news:
Just a few miles into the trip a wheel bearing became overheated and melted, letting a metal support drop down and grind on the rail, creating white hot molten metal droppings spewing down to the rail.

The Good news:
A very alert crew noticed smoke about halfway back in the train and immediately stopped the train in compliance with the Governmental Regulations.

The Bad news:
The train stopped with the hot wheel over a wooden bridge with creosote ties and trusses. When crew tried to explain to higher-ups they needed to move the train, they were instructed not to move the train because Federal Regulations prohibit moving the train when a part is defective. Well okee-dokey then, and the pictures tell the rest. As always the Government knows what is best for us.

download1.jpg

download2.jpg

download3.jpg

download4.jpg

REMEMBER, RULES ARE RULES!
Don't ever let common sense get in the way of a Government Regulation.

And now they will decide your health care ! ! ! Good luck with that!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Although not the strongest source, I found another article that tells the whole story a bit differently (without the political undertones):

See for yourselves here:

Bad day for a good crew

It gives no reason for the fire. How is it that avoiding the truth is avoiding political undertones?

The law DOES state that you cannot move a train with a defective/broken part. Can't do it with an 18 wheeler either. You have to wait for repair or a wrecker.

Ignorance is so politically correct.

Just remember to pick up the turd from the clean end.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jb I read that as statements from first responders who probably have no idea of Gov. regs. In fact this could have been seen as a Hasmat incident therefore the officer on scene takes president over the so called Gov.on any decision.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks ever hear of Kelly Field in San Antonio, Texas? People lived along one side for decades(Quintana Rd.) and complained about their families getting sick and dying from the oils and chemicals that were dumped there. Government ignored it, finally said no way. Then, after investigations and lawsuits they suddenly said, " There are carcinogens there and we better clean them up before people get sick and die." Never, ever underestimate government stupidity...

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now these same govt. beauracrats will be deciding on our health care, remember if you fall and break your leg near a well travelled road, just lay still until we get there, if you move ,we will decline your ins. bills, We're from the govt. and here to help!!!!!!!1

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a white man, but I still have to wonder if Obama wasn't black, would he still be so hated?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave race out of it, he is as much white as black....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am a white man, but I still have to wonder if Obama wasn't black, would he still be so hated?

I'm not white, and I still haven't seen any redeeming qualities. So don't blame yourself. And don't be surprised if he comes out of it all the same as Slick Willie did.

"CYA shredders. Don't let the past become part of your future!!! 1-800-ROSE-LAW"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post was deleted!

I have already stated multiple times.....As a mod I highly recommend members leave the "race card" out if it!

This is not about race, I personally would have voted for Herman Cain for president and he is 100% black. I like Allen West, he is also 100% black, I have dated a girl who was half black, I am married to an oriental, this has nothing to do with race.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of sounding redundant, I'll just repeat my line from "those of us not worried about a government takeover" thread; :laughing7:

The most feared sentence in the English language: "Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Along the lines of, "ya can't fix stupid", Doggie help us, if certain ones are allowed to takeover! LOL! :laughing7:
They don't seem to be able to organize a bm, much less........ er......... a train wreck!?

eta: thanks bevo! LOL! My hub is heavy equipment operator and hazmat here in s fl. the stories he comes home with sometimes....... trust me........ ignorance prevails down here! LOL!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread