onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
69 years ago today was D day I'm sure some would think that refers to Democrat day. :laughing7: the way history is taught.
Those of us that are against war should thank their higher power (Not Obama) that it happened then, because I think by 2016 we would sit back and be forced to learn the language of the victors.
Mt thoughts are to those who died and those still living Thank you. For giving us the freedom as simple as being able to express our self's on these threads.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping that I wasn't the only one who remembered today, and it's historic invasion of the European continent 69 years ago. My hat has always been tipped to my father's generation who did what they had to do to make the world free again. They served with courage and dignity, and were in for the long haul, many surviving 3-4 years in country. They were truly, as Tom Brokaw said ," The Greatest Generation". Thanks to all of them that still are with us, and thanks to all the veterens, past and present who have served that we may have the freedoms that we enjoy, and never give up!

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
We take it for granted, victory. But then it was a struggle and victory was not a forgone conclusion, though it was of up most necessity.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I bet today our current commander would propose more sanctions(but not too severe) to stop the enemy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread