Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just signed up for the Nutrisystem weight loss program. Several of my friends in times past have used it and it worked really well without starving. Right now it doesn't cost any more than I would spend on a month's groceries anyway. The secret to success is that you have to alter your eating pattern and stay that way after you loose the weight or you are wasting your time and money. Since I retired I have gained 50 lbs. and I am miserable, not to mention the bad effects it might have on my health. Due to my back problem I cannot exercise as I use to do so I have to find an alternative program to loose this spare tire or....maybe die? Hope this works for me and if anyone is interested I will report any weight loss over the next few months. Wish me luck. Monty, that little fat guy you all know and love! ::)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good Luck ....But I cant imagine you needing to lose fifty pounds...remember us girls like a little weight on a guy....
You realize that after losing fifty pounds,....this is what you will look like....hmmmmm...

Attachments

• Monty Skinny.jpg
    Monty Skinny.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 581

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty,

weight loss is a real pain.

Hope you can work on getting rid of a few
pounds.

Sad thing is you often can tough it out and
get where you want to be, but it all sneaks
back on in the long run.

Have you tried taking the change out of you
pockets, always helped when I weighed in. ;)

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
You can do it Monty!!! I'm rooting for ya.

My daughter took a nutrition class at college last year and told me that most of the time when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty... of course that was followed by "drink lots of water". Personally I'm a coffee nut, if I don't get that coffee fix I'm worthless. Ah the vices.

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
I cant believe you used "Attention Fat Guys" and then gave an announcement about Nutrisystem. Fat guy etiquette states anytime "Attention Fat Guy" is used it must be follow up with something dealing with donuts, beer or both. :D Good luck on your weight loss. I have started a diet and now am going to the YMCA for exercise. I am looking forward to the day that I can tie my boots with only one breath.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Monty you have taken the first important step. Now stay committed to it. I herd all that some where not sure though. As for me I lost 40 lbs. twice dieting. Then I gained all of it back plus 5lbs each time. Now I weigh 10lbs more than when I started. So far the diet that I get along with is stick food in thy mouth when I get hungry or nervous. I seem to get along better with this diet than the others. I hated the others I tried.
I sure hope you succeed. I think it boils down to good eating habits. GOOD LUCK MONTY!!!
Burdie

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Monty, good luck on the weight loss. here's an incentive for you.

CHALLENGE
$1 worth of ITTHC drawing tickets for each pound you lose with a limit of $25. That give you till Memorial weekend to lose those pounds. Here's your chance at a new detector, gold coin, or both. ;)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you luck Monty. I feel your pain. On a positive note, "Fat guys make good metal detectorist because we tend to move slower." Kind of like " Weebles Wobble but thy don,t fall down!" Remember when you loose that weight , Monty, To slow back down.

Ed D.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I can't run because of my back injury so I'd just have to kill him. R.I.P Richard! Seriously, it's got to when I walk by the mirror I don't recognize the guy looking back at me and I feel miserable just trying to get around and do my daily activities. And when I stand up as straight as I can I can't see my feet...or anything else, and that's scary. I don't have love handles I have flub handles. I don't want to wind up looking like that pretty thing in the picture Gypsy posted on the other category. And worse of all it is getting difficult to get down and play in the dirt. The problem is that about any kind of physical activity causes me to have severe back pain, so I can't get the exercise I use to get. Oh, I could exercise if I take massive doses of narcotic pain killers, but I am trying to stay off that junk as best as I can. Walking any distance at all is the most painful activity I have found so that's out. So, gotta' so something. Monty

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, have you been checked for P.A.D.? Back in Dec., I could make 10 laps, walking, around my front yard. Then the pain in my back and hips was so bad I had to sit down until the pain went away. On Dec. 28th I had stents put in the arteries just below the heart where they branch out to each leg. Now , the last count I took, I did 40 laps with no pain whatsoever. I went detecting for gold in some rolling hills for a day and I've played 9 holes of golf, walking and carrying my bag with no problems. For a couple years I thought the problem was my sciatic nerve based on what all my friends were telling me. Then it got much worse and I finally got checked out. Sure glad I did.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already have had 2 stents! Dr. said to loose weight and because of my back problem he advised to check into the program I am going to try. Once I get some weight off I may be able to exercise more as it will be easier on my back, but I will have to watch my diet for the rest of my life which will be a lot shorter if I don't! :'( Monty

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
foods the hardest give up of them all. i was able to quit cigarettes, drugs and alcohol, but damn its hard to give up the food! ;D ;) one of these days (soon) i need to get on the ball and lose the weight. good luck to you monty. i know you can do it! ;)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollowpointred said:
foods the hardest give up of them all. i was able to quit cigarettes, drugs and alcohol, but damn its hard to give up the food! ;D ;) one of these days (soon) i need to get on the ball and lose the weight. good luck to you monty. i know you can do it! ;)
You darn food addict! You might as well be on heroin if your gonna keep eating food! ;D :) .I agree with you,i've quit everything else too,cigarettes was the last thing to go.I've gained at least 10 pounds since Nov.25,2006.I'm glad I don't have a sit down job or it'd be 20 lbs.. :) Ditto on the weight loss Monty! I'm not looking forward to bypasses and stints and carotids and such!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Monty, I need to lose about 30 lbs too. The doctor says my cholesterol is high and wants me to start taking some pills. She said she will give me a few months to try to lose the weight and hope it comes down. If anybody can do it, you can. Hang in there.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Monty,goodluck.I wish you the best,BUT,if in 3 months you come on here and say,"Look at ME,a size 2." I'm gonna haunt you forever! I can't stand that commercial. All the,Buddy.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been out of work 2 months monty i know.Went from 200lbs to 250 lbs. Going back to judo good luck.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can i have your old underware :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread