Ohio City Bans Fireworks, Drinks, Grills, and Enacts Mandatory Bag Searches for July

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ohio City Bans Fireworks, Drinks, Grills, and Enacts Mandatory Bag Searches for July 4th

Anthony Gucciardi
Infowars.com
July 3, 2013

The City of Lakewood Ohio will be celebrating July 4th with mandatory bag searches and a ban on all Fourth of July related fun — including fireworks, drinks, grills, pets, sports, and just about everything else.

The anti-independence regulation is a real testament to the current state of our nation, which now stands for heavy bans on all forms of person freedom. But I would have never actually known about this insane ban if it weren’t for a Storyleak reader who sent me the amazing image above. And following my inquiry as to where the image came from, doubting that any city could be so draconian and downright wicked, I was amazed when the reader went and linked me to a page on The Lakewood Observer website which listed all of the same nonsense with official quotes from the city.

As you can see from the ‘Special Park Rules To Be In Effect At Lakewood Park On July 4th’ article posted a week ago on The Lakewood Observer website, all of the same insane regulations are listed clearly as seen on the original sign. The website reads:

“The following rules will be in effect at Lakewood Park on July 4, 2013:

All generators, propane and gas fueled grills are prohibited.
All tents and shelters are prohibited.
Police will be conducting searches of bags and coolers for reasons of public safety.
No alcoholic beverages are permitted at any time throughout the year.
No personal fireworks. This includes novelty fireworks like sparklers.
No dogs or pets of any kind will be permitted in the park on July 4th.
The skate park, tennis courts, basketball courts and Kid’s Cove playground will be closed at 7:00 p.m.”

Are you as amazed as I was that this is actually real, and a city ordinance at that? I thought that maybe it was a private place and the owner was just bitter about people celebrating on the land, but this is actually a city declaration and sign. And for the ever-tiring purpose of ‘security’. Because so many people are killed each year from sparklers and grilling burgers. The insanity here reminds me of the individual I debated on video who called for a ban on all guns, knives, hammers, nails, and even glass.

We can even see on the website a quote from Lakewood’s Mayor Mike Summers, which reads:

“Safety is our first priority. These added security measures will help to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July.”

Right, it’s all about keeping you safe from fireworks the celebration of the nation’s birth. Perhaps they should also usher in the TSA and their naked body scanners to help scan all the attendees and their children for any form of unauthorized food or drink as well.

Everyone needs to share this lunacy and demand that Mayor Mike Summers of Lakewood retract these ridiculous regulations for the citizens of this Ohio town, lest it spreads to nearby cities and across the nation. Also, remember that the Fourth Amendment protects you from such ridiculous bag searches by police. The key here is publicizing the absurdity of these draconian regulations to set a foundation for what we will not tolerate. This truly is a sick society of paranoia and fear.

This post originally appeared at Story Leak

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Is it all of Ohio or just an area that is going down the tube. They are passing crazy restrictions, like the one that says if you make a concealed compartment in your car, you can be fined, locked up and loose your car. Hay, it doesn't matter if it is empty. Frank...Not much room to make a concealed compartment in this Isetta 300.

58 Isetta 300-BMW.jpg

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess a lot of somebody's voted this goof in. I don't get the generator thing. Next year solar ovens and no squirt guns or water balloons:laughing7:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another example of the loss of personal freedoms, and the growth of the Nanny State. Crazy!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I guess a lot of somebody's voted this goof in. I don't get the generator thing. Next year solar ovens and no squirt guns or water balloons:laughing7:

Noise pollution! Next year it will be no talking! lol Frank... 111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You are making a big deal over nothing. Did you just need something to complain about today or what?

Heaven forbid I go to a park and want to play frisbee with my family without a bunch of drunk idiots setting off fireworks right next to me while running their noisy generator...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heaven forbid I go to a park and want to play frisbee with my family without a bunch of drunk idiots setting off fireworks right next to me while running their noisy generator...

Seems to me that it would all depend on who got there first.One persons constitutional rights cannot overshadow another persons.If you invade the space of the drunk idiots lighting fireworks,thats you and your families problem if you or they get hurt.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to me that it would all depend on who got there first.One persons constitutional rights cannot overshadow another persons.If you invade the space of the drunk idiots lighting fireworks,thats you and your families problem if you or they get hurt.

See this is why I could never be a Libertarian. You guys always take things just a hair too far...

To you, "anything goes". I would not want to live in an America run by Libertarians, as it would be like the "wild west" with no rules and only the strong would survive.

Guys please try to remember that all different types of people live in this country and we all have to try to get along as neighbors. Not ALL rules are bad!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So what youre saying is that,just because you want to have a good time other people that are having a good time should stop having a good time:icon_scratch:.Maybe should get yourself checked out JB,I think that youre coming down with a touch of fascism.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
So what youre saying is that,just because you want to have a good time other people that are having a good time should stop having a good time:icon_scratch:.Maybe should get yourself checked out JB,I think that youre coming down with a touch of fascism.

Red, please watch what you accuse me of. I don't appreciate being called a fascist.

I am saying exactly what I said above. Not all rules are bad. I am sure there are plenty of places one can go to do all of the things that are "banned" in this particular park.

If anyone wants to enjoy the park without doing the things mentioned in the rules, then they are still welcome to do so freely. Not sure how that is stopping anyone from having a good time. More like ensuring that everyone is able to have a good time.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Seems to me that youre the one that wants to stop people from having a good time.:laughing9:From your above post,the drunk idiots were obviously there first.What makes you think they should stop what theyre doing so you can invade their space to play frisbee.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to me that youre the one that wants to stop people from having a good time.:laughing9:From your above post,the drunk idiots were obviously there first.What makes you think they should stop what theyre doing so you can invade their space to play frisbee.

If you are gonna put words in my mouth, then I am done playing your little game...

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll play your little game partner. Down here we have a 4th celebration at Woodlawn Lake. Small, very limited space and it will be packed all day by drunks like me, getting sunburned, checking out chicks, buying prepared foods, watching people play tennis, fish, sailboat(little ones), grill, have fun, respect each others rights and wait for the city sponsored fireworks at night. The only daytime stuff is kids playing with sparklers because the sun is hot, the sky is clear, the temp is in the 90's and it is just more fun to find some shade and hang out. Lakewood, Ohio is what wrong with this country now and it needs to be stopped. Maybe they will hear the laughter and wake up. I bet most of their citizens are laughing too. If I had a plane I'd come pick you up and we would go hang there and celebrate the 4th the right way. What could they do? Put us in jail with the other 51,724 that live there and will probably break their laws? And I bet that includes Mike Summer's wife and kids...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll play your little game partner. Down here we have a 4th celebration at Woodlawn Lake. Small, very limited space and it will be packed all day by drunks like me, getting sunburned, checking out chicks, buying prepared foods, watching people play tennis, fish, sailboat(little ones), grill, have fun, respect each others rights and wait for the city sponsored fireworks at night. The only daytime stuff is kids playing with sparklers because the sun is hot, the sky is clear, the temp is in the 90's and it is just more fun to find some shade and hang out. Lakewood, Ohio is what wrong with this country now and it needs to be stopped. Maybe they will hear the laughter and wake up. I bet most of their citizens are laughing too. If I had a plane I'd come pick you up and we would go hang there and celebrate the 4th the right way. What could they do? Put us in jail with the other 51,724 that live there and will probably break their laws? And I bet that includes Mike Summer's wife and kids...

Lets go:occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mandatory Bag Searches ? I think She'll get tired of being searched

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's fun to yell Fire in a crowded movie theater. I hope no one here would want to spoil my fun. Right RJC???

Dave it's more fun to yell theater at a fire. You'd fit right in with that crowd.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on a serious Note...

What a way to celebrate the 4th. :(

Land of The Free, Home of The Brave
paranoid.gif

I hope I don't hear the Star-Spangled Banner it's become a Joke.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread