Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't know a lot, but the common understanding has always been that when the economy gets bad, gold and silver increase in value.

I work with several retail businesses ... in the past 6 years they are struggling to get by and one is actually looking to close stores due to sluggish sales for the last year.

These are not department stores, the one mentioned is a supply house for farmers. Feed, seed, animal care, horse tack, even pet supplies. There are furniture stores, tractor dealers, etc. that I deal with and do work for. All are showing much lower income these past 12 months, not a bit but sharply lower.

I see much the same for all the small businesses in this area, and suspect that - truth be told - it isn't just a local phenomenon, seeing as how hiring is still pathetically low.

Pathetically low as well, are silver prices. Under $20/oz for several weeks now. That is a HUGE disconnect from the norm.

Makes me wonder if someone is trying to manipulate the market as the Hunt brothers did back in the early 1980s.

Anyone have information or sources for information on this? The value of my silver (and I have a nice stash - mostly coins) has almost halved in value in the last 18 months.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too, thought as you do. nowadays I am not so sure.
It may depend on what part of the country you live in as to business.
I work at a furniture making shop. we have a restaurant customer that seems to be expanding greatly. we have been working overtime for 4 years and have doubled our production personnel.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a furniture making shop. we have a restaurant customer that seems to be expanding greatly. we have been working overtime for 4 years and have doubled our production personnel.

Where do you live? China. LMAO Just pulling your chain. Glad to see you have a steady job and full time and overtime.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Indiana, past home of the great Peyton Manning (best qback the NFL has ever seen)

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Indiana, past home of the great Peyton Manning (best qback the NFL has ever seen)

Right after Tom Brady ... who is right after Drew Brees.

Who Dat!

On of my favorite memories of Peyton was the superbowl where New Orleans kept him idle for like an hour between series. That boy was mad! BTW, met his dad Archie during his playing days. Sold cars in New Orleans during the off-season at Royal Olds on Veterans Blvd in Metairie.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff can I ask what wood your using? could it be cherry? Just wondering if it's same chain I'm thinking of. Are you around Browns county>? Gold in der Rivers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread