jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A swarm of about 30,000 bees attacked a North Texas couple as they exercised their miniature horses, stinging the animals so many times they died.
Kristen Beauregard, 44, was stung about 200 times, and her boyfriend about 50 times, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Saturday.
"They were chasing us down, they were following us," Beauregard said of the incident Wednesday evening. "We swept up piles and piles of them ... it was like a bad movie."

Thousands of bees attack couple, horses in Pantego | Breaking News | News from Fort Wort...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's scary to think about.. I have seen articles about these bees before down around the Texas, Arizona and New Mexico areas.. They are The africanized honey bees and they are mean.. They will chase you down and try to kill you they are a brutal kind of bee.. Hard to believe we have this problem because a guy successfully breed standard honey bees and african honey bees and a few got out.. They are a bigger problem in the US. than most people know.. I feel sorry for anybody unfortunate enough to encounter them..

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to keep bees when i was a kid.I had a hive with roughly 40,000 bees in it.The africanized bees are much more aggressive in protecting their hive.Screw with their hive they will mess you up.Those people just got to close.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they don't say where hive was.
Being they seemed to concentrate on the horse,
I'm wondering if it was a Ground nest,
and the horse stepped on it

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The African bees are definitely more aggressive. The Africans are bigger and more deadly then the domestic bees. The only defence the domestic bees have is to pile on and literly incase the African bee. The domestic bees body temperature is about 10 degrees above the African bees tolerance. If attacked they will chase you down. Only emerging in water can stop them. Frank... 6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions