Who of you have read about The Act of 1871?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WT,

Reading the posted Act, and comments was thought provoking, and I still need to mull it over in my head for a while. But one thing jumped up immediately, perhaps now I understand how the SCOTUS made their ruling on " CItizens United", if the US is a corporation, and made up of the people, essentially the shareholders, then, based on the written law.....Corp. are people. Later, need to think more on this.....Gary

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WT,

Reading the posted Act, and comments was thought provoking, and I still need to mull it over in my head for a while. But one thing jumped up immediately, perhaps now I understand how the SCOTUS made their ruling on " CItizens United", if the US is a corporation, and made up of the people, essentially the shareholders, then, based on the written law.....Corp. are people. Later, need to think more on this.....Gary

Ever wonder why at times you get mail with ALL capital letters for your name?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
it's a bit confusing! It appears to be referring to the government of the District of Columbia which is a federal zone where federal offices are located. Part or the original federal zone was returned to Virginia and the portion that was formed from Maryland is now the District of Columbia is controlled by congress. I find it hard to believe that there are , in fact, two Documents that form our foundation. After all, the Supreme Court Interprets the Constitution, not Congress. Frank...

111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
it's a bit confusing! It appears to be referring to the government of the District of Columbia which is a federal zone where federal offices are located. Part or the original federal zone was returned to Virginia and the portion that was formed from Maryland is now the District of Columbia is controlled by congress. I find it hard to believe that there are , in fact, two Documents that form our foundation. After all, the Supreme Court Interprets the Constitution, not Congress. Frank...

View attachment 836397

Frank,

Don't get in a tither my Friend,just remember those justices are APPOINTED,not ELECTED,just sayin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread