jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City's crackdown on big, sugary sodas is staying on ice.
An appeals court ruled Tuesday that New York City's Board of Health exceeded its legal authority and acted unconstitutionally when it tried to put a size limit on soft drinks served in city restaurants.
The state Supreme Court Appellate Division panel upheld a lower court decision that had delayed the measure before it took effect in March.
The rule would stop many eateries from selling non-diet soda and other sugar-laden beverages in containers bigger than 16 ounces.
The beverage industry and other opponents say the measure is riddled with exceptions, unfair and ineffective.
The city's law department has promised an appeal.

Big soda ban in New York City unconstitutional, appeals court rules | SILive.com

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I don't use such drinks , myself . However , I support everyone's individual right to pick their own road to Hell . WHAT SOB has the divine right to tell me what I can eat , drink , or legally arm myself with ?

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't use such drinks , myself . However , I support everyone's individual right to pick their own road to Hell . WHAT SOB has the divine right to tell me what I can eat , drink , or legally arm myself with ?
You're right Butch...and that includes drugs. It is absolutely NOT the government's business, as you say. All our rights spring from the old British common law, and the main thrust of that are 1. Do what you say you'll do. And 2. Don't trespass on other people. When the people AND the government live by those rules, society prospers. When they don't society fails.
Jim
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread