Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Torreon is but a short ride from my home (Corrales) I've passed thru many times. There are some old silver diggins on the West side of the Monzano's. Some gold found in the Hell Canyon district. A lot of history. The site of Salinas pueblos and mission are still there and can be visited. It's near a natural salt lake where salt was taken for centuries.
About history, Most Americans were taught of a European expansion from the East coast west. What wasn't taught was while the Pilgrims were starving there was already a capitol city established in New Mexico, Santa Fe.
While driving thru these areas, instead of just seeing a county limit sign you will also see signs telling you your entering a " " land grant.
Milagro revisited

Yes I grew up near there as well. Estancia valley. For Pip it was the dryland bean capital of the world for a long time. When I was a kid I found parts of old Spanish bits and spurs. I have seen the etchings of Spaniards and very old buffalo wallows. Cliff dwellings and Petroglyphs on overhangs. I miss the area.

Also nice places along the Rio Grande near Las Cruces and the Mesilla Valley. NMSU, Fun times.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea...I love the southwest...all it's many forms...

I found a length of barbed wire over in the ft sumner area...sold it, telling people if billy the kid didn't string this wire, he cut it to steal some stock...:laughing7:
won't say the name of the ranch.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
yea...I love the southwest...all it's many forms...

I found a length of barbed wire over in the ft sumner area...sold it, telling people if billy the kid didn't string this wire, he cut it to steal some stock...:laughing7:
won't say the name of the ranch.

Wouldn't rhyme with Burner would it??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread