Made In China Crap Taking Over

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well jeez, it costs a lot less if it's made my non union labor overseas than if it was made by people wanting to make decent life here in the states.

The new corporate motto is, "We cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you".

Without Chinese labor those capitalist CEOs would not be able to make 465x the wage of their employees, and besides, they work hard too.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it last longer than my Australian shoes made in China. Maybe you will get 2 weeks outta that radiator! :laughing7:
Actually, the car parts do seem to last longer than anything.
When you got a government paying for all your postage for shipping, no wonder they make crap and send it around the world!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey, o'reilly's chose to sell it

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and Wily could have gone elsewhere to buy one made in the U.S. of A. Where that is at this time is unknown, but rest assured Congress is going to hold hearings to evaluate the situation and find a way to get inside trading done before anyone notices.

I apologize, there is a company that manufactures radiators in the U.S. of A. It is Detroit Radiator Company and they have a website you can peruse at your leisure.

You might want to order from them next time:dontknow:

Last edited:

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where I work ( a school bus garage) we HAD a company that was supplying windshields for us a 1/4 the cost of North American made ones. The windshield wipers would not even work on these pieces of **** . when you took a look on a side view on a bright day you could see the ripples in these damm things.. Oh Well " Ya gets what ya paid for " was the suppliers answer.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's your fault you bought a China Radiator They are custom made in Minnesota just bought a custom all Aluminum duel fans included 310.00$ delivered. if you took a little time to investigate Most wholesale ones come from Canada.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, every time you buy a foreign product, you cheat yourself and your family.

That core money goes to China, not the revolving economy that helps the US economy.

Not to mention the Balance of trade deficit. You can say what you want about that, but in the 70's, $20 would last you all day in Europe, including lodging.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And Wal-Mart sells American flags made in China.What are ya gonna do?

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know Rickn! Wally World is the epitome of what the average Joe would think of as an American company but what I meant by what are you gonna do is that as a business it is so much cheaper to have products made overseas because of our unions and their demands.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want Made in USA parts you need to go to Napa. Costs a little more but usually better quality. I personally think they should be required to put the flag of the country of origin on the front of the package...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It's not slowing down....

China is buying the whole company...

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 12.52.22 PM.png

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No thankew,I'll stick to my non Polish-Chinese pork.

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I needed the radiator fast and couldn't wait a week for it to be shipped to me from somewhere else in the states or Canada. I checked the local Napa store and the same China made radiator was $15 more than O'Reilly's... Even the custom parts I was buying for my Harley from the dealership that I bought my Harley from were made in China, Argentina, Mexico or somewhere other than the USA.... That sucks big time...

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The chinese were selling plastic rice to the vietnamese a few years back. They sold a big batch of the stuff. Obviously it didn't cook very well.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the reason american troops have the backwards american flag on their uniforms is because the pentagon used a chinese company to make them. They were delivered to us by the millions....but too late before they noticed the flags were backwards. The pentagon let it slide, and now you know the rest of the story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I heard the reason american troops have the backwards american flag on their uniforms is because the pentagon used a chinese company to make them. They were delivered to us by the millions....but too late before they noticed the flags were backwards. The pentagon let it slide, and now you know the rest of the story.

It is proper for the "Field" to be on the left, above the heart; the FLAG viewed from "backside" makes the "Field" on the right. I wondered about it too, when I first saw the troops with the FLAG patch on uniforms. MAYBE, "Made in America" company could provide FREE & CORRECT FLAG patch to troops that want 'em... burn the flag patches made in China in proper manner; (American Legion).

Last edited:

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread