Oct 1st. health care act

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what is really sad? You do the numbers and discover you actually qualify for Obama Care.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little beverage and politics...A lot more of America please bartender. This foreign appeasement tastes like A$$!!!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I for one am glad me and my wife can get some health care. I have a bad gallbladder teeth that need cut out, a infection I can't shake in my system, my wife has cyst on her ovaries, stomach aulcers, unexplain migraines everyday, and teeth needing cut out also. The cyst they said could be cance actually a 60 percent chance it is :( so yeah I'm glad. After paying all that money and my family paying into it over the years and all of you we ALL deserve to be healthy. Not just the ones who pop out kids and then suck that tit forever. So people can joke all they want, no one in particular of you guys, but like I said EVERYONE deserves to be healthy. A healthy country is a productive country.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On Oct 1st President Obama gets re-elected to his 3thd in term of office, don't know about the rest of you folks but I'm signing up...The health care system as we now it plays America as cash cows.

Yeah, wait till you see how much it costs POOR PEOPLE!

Went to Healthcare.gov, followed their link for the calculator and it brought me here:

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Unless you live in certain states, your costs can be outrageous.

I live in Arkansas, make 28k and am 56. My wife is 52 and we have a teenage daughter.

How much is my out of pocket cost calculated to be?

$14,009.00

BTW, the "subsidy" they tell you about? According to the page it says over 12k ....

Reduce the income to 18k with everything else being the same, and there is no subsidy listed --- is actually only a "tax credit.

What is a tax credit? You get a pass on paying income tax on that income.

It doesn't reduce any of the other taxes you pay ... FICA etc. will remain the same or increase.

What it works out to is I net $22k after taxes, less 14k for 0-blame-0 care ... and I and my wife and daughter get to live on 8k. Out of that I need to pay a mortgage, lights, fuel, auto and home insurance (also mandated).

Good thing none of us eat, because those items come to more than 8k.

Screw 0-care because HE DON'T CARE!!!! He's just a power hungry F******!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah, wait till you see how much it costs POOR PEOPLE!

Went to Healthcare.gov, followed their link for the calculator and it brought me here:

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Unless you live in certain states, your costs can be outrageous.

I live in Arkansas, make 28k and am 56. My wife is 52 and we have a teenage daughter.

How much is my out of pocket cost calculated to be?

$14,009.00

BTW, the "subsidy" they tell you about? According to the page it says over 12k ....

Reduce the income to 18k with everything else being the same, and there is no subsidy listed --- is actually only a "tax credit.

What is a tax credit? You get a pass on paying income tax on that income.

It doesn't reduce any of the other taxes you pay ... FICA etc. will remain the same or increase.

What it works out to is I net $22k after taxes, less 14k for 0-blame-0 care ... and I and my wife and daughter get to live on 8k. Out of that I need to pay a mortgage, lights, fuel, auto and home insurance (also mandated).

Good thing none of us eat, because those items come to more than 8k.

Screw 0-care because HE DON'T CARE!!!! He's just a power hungry F******!

What HC, do YOU have/recommend...? Let us "learn" from each other; I have "pre-existing conditions"...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really am having a hard time to see what our goof is trying to sell us. There has been a free health care program here for years trouble is the first 3500 for each family member has a mandatory deductible. The other option is 445$ per month with 750 each deductible no co pays.( United health care ) no changes for 2014.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread