🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest that Amazon not implement this in one particular small, bounty-happy, Colorado town!

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Imagine some folks shooting them down and running off with the loot. Or hacking the GPS. I watched the demo on 60 minutes Sunday. All I thought was the thousands of places they couldn't land and still insure the box wouldn't be ripped off. Bright yellow and all.
I never used to think like this until I started hanging with y'all.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine some folks shooting them down and running off with the loot. Or hacking the GPS. All I thought was the thousands of places they couldn't land and still insure the box wouldn't be ripped off. Bright yellow and all.
I never used to think like this until I started hanging with y'all.

You & Me both hvacker :laughing7:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad its illegal in this country to use drones for commercial purposes, or this idea might actually have a chance.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be the WORST thing for our country right now since that knucklehead became president. Do we really need a flying ^$#*$% robot to deliver a package?? If this were actually implemented, think of the others that will follow. Some with camera's, snapping pictures everywhere,seeing flying robots creeping and hoovering around your house. Reminds me of some futeristic totolitarian government society. We don't NEED this, we don't WANT this and the mere thought of this makes me cringe. All so Amazon can save a freakin buck. Give technology a REST and get back to some OLD WAYS for Pete's sake { of course this would exclude removing FBS technology from my Safari }

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This would be the WORST thing for our country right now since that knucklehead became president. Do we really need a flying ^$#*$% robot to deliver a package?? If this were actually implemented, think of the others that will follow. Some with camera's, snapping pictures everywhere,seeing robots creeping and hoovering around your house. Reminds me of some futeristic totolitarian government society. We don't NEED this, we don't WANT this and the mere thought of this makes me cringe. All so Amazon can save a freakin buck. Give technology a REST and get back to some OLD WAYS for Pete's sake { of course this would exclude removing FBS technology from my Safari }

I was hoping Y2K things would crash and go back to the Horse and Buggy days,hard for sure,but, a LOT simpler.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This would be the WORST thing for our country right now since that knucklehead became president. Do we really need a flying ^$#*$% robot to deliver a package?? If this were actually implemented, think of the others that will follow. Some with camera's, snapping pictures everywhere,seeing robots creeping and hoovering around your house. Reminds me of some futeristic totolitarian government society. We don't NEED this, we don't WANT this and the mere thought of this makes me cringe. All so Amazon can save a freakin buck. Give technology a REST and get back to some OLD WAYS for Pete's sake { of course this would exclude removing FBS technology from my Safari }

I agree !

How would we know which ones to shoot down :(

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL love it!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Clay pigeon drones" .....do you suppose 1oz 7 1/2 shot would be sufficient??

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Google Earth has been taking pictures of your house for years unless your like me and live on a long private road. Google still takes aerial pictures of my house.
I've used the service to spy on people. I was on a forest road that hadn't been used for years judging by the trees that had fallen across it. Then I came upon a no trespass sign and wondered if the property owner had another way in. So I Goggled Earth the location and found their house.
So I guess there is a peaceful way to spy on our neighbors.

Many people are willing to give up liberty for security. Telling us it will make us safer is all some need. Haven't you heard someone say "I don't have anything to hide!" Well maybe not today but maybe down the road they might.
I wouldn't blame the Administration though as this spying on us has been in place long before BO. I've got a book on the Predator Drone from 1996. This is all part of the war machine. I wouldn't be surprised if BO was sat down and told "Look son, this is how it is." What got me to thinking of how to get BO in line were the three security breaches that seemed to me set up to give BO a tune up. Just too obvious.

Anyway, I guess we live in a very different world. And we ain't seen nuttin yet.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my earlier post was lost on some: its currently illegal to use drones in the US for commercial purposes. Nothing to see here at all. Especially since none of use own the airspace above our properties.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess my earlier post was lost on some: its currently illegal to use drones in the US for commercial purposes. Nothing to see here at all. Especially since none of use own the airspace above our properties.

I apologize before time,but,

this did strike me as sort of funny,

could be to many Sam Adams,them local Brews are pretty Tasty now!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My choice would be 'oo'.
Naa, your mess up the present! Use a simple .22 You only have to take out one motor, and remember, there's a camera on there! Frank... 111-2 700.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naa, your mess up the present! Use a simple .22 You only have to take out one motor, and remember, there's a camera on there! Frank...

use a Lasso :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread