hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Kind of odd story caught my eye from Iceland being my Grandmother was Icelandic and what with reading of mass shootings, bombings etc. every day.
Bloomberg News. reported Icelandic police shot a man that was shooting at them with a shotgun Monday, then apologized. Seems the police there had never killed anyone with gunfire there before.

People there have a fair amount of guns, low incident of drug use, regular cops don't carry guns and other differences were looked at as to why cop violence is non-existent. Homicide rate very low at .3/100000 That's point three. where we are at 5/100000.(no point)
In 2009 one person was murdered in the country. One.
A law student writing his thesis on the low violent crime rate concluded it's due to social equality resulting in less resentment and anger.
Also mentioned that there is a lot of trust with the people.

Maybe having all the hot springs helps. Curious.
Have we lived with daily violence for so long it's become our normal. Of course it has.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Kind of odd story caught my eye from Iceland being my Grandmother was Icelandic and what with reading of mass shootings, bombings etc. every day.
Bloomberg News. reported Icelandic police shot a man that was shooting at them with a shotgun Monday, then apologized. Seems the police there had never killed anyone with gunfire there before.

People there have a fair amount of guns, low incident of drug use, regular cops don't carry guns and other differences were looked at as to why cop violence is non-existent. Homicide rate very low at .3/100000 That's point three. where we are at 5/100000.(no point)
In 2009 one person was murdered in the country. One.
A law student writing his thesis on the low violent crime rate concluded it's due to social equality resulting in less resentment and anger.
Also mentioned that there is a lot of trust with the people.

Maybe having all the hot springs helps. Curious.
Have we lived with daily violence for so long it's become our normal. Of course it has.

ALL "white" ppl...? NO diversity of Races...? "Native" ppl...? MOSTLY "German"; what about "Religious Belief"? THREE factors affecting us.... RACE, RELIGION, & POLITICS.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icelandic police shot a man that was shooting at them with a shotgun Monday, then apologized.

Humanity :icon_thumleft:

Something we seemed to have lost over here :(

Our police would be hoping for a commendation of some type :BangHead:

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
ALL "white" ppl...? NO diversity of Races...? "Native" ppl...? MOSTLY "German"; what about "Religious Belief"? THREE factors affecting us.... RACE, RELIGION, & POLITICS.

Rebel has a good point. This is the melting pot, and as you know, it takes a lot of heat to melt all that diversity into an ALL AMERICAN stew.

L.C.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I factor in something else, age! As younger people gain control of our nation, the wisdom of ages is through out. The younger generation has always been more reckless in there actions. They also are more self centered. Hay, I lived thru it ,I know. Frank...
111-2 de Vinci.jpg
da Vinci

Last edited:
OP
OP
hvacker

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Actually first Norwegian then Danish. The Danes get along in Denmark also. A 60 min show suggested the Danes were the happiest western culture. Little stress. There are western cultures of mixed races that don't have the problems we do. I'm thinking Canada.
If you apply the conclusion the lawyer made in Iceland than it's due to social equality resulting in less resentment and anger Canada might also fit the mold.

I remember one year where a comparison was made between Detroit and Toronto. Very similar cities racially and both industrial. In that year (and my numbers won't be exact) over 600 homicides in Detroit and 12 in Toronto.
In that comparison it might appear that Americans aren't all that happy with the way things are here. At least when it comes to whose at fault. One of the most curious is the way blame goes downhill instead of up.
Like blaming our economic problems on food stamps or people on Social Security w/o any consideration of the upward flow of wealth and why there has been the huge increase of a new social/economic underclass.
I'm old enough, and others here too, that have seen this happen. Younger people would find it hard to believe how well off a middle class income would serve at one time in this country.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I factor in something else, age! As younger people gain control of our nation, the wisdom of ages is through out. The younger generation has always been more reckless in there actions. They also are more self centered. Hay, I lived thru it ,I know. Frank...
View attachment 910751
da Vinci

GOOD point... the "hippies" of the 60's & 70's ("I didn't inhale...) are in "control"; the saying back then was that to parents..."we are your WORST nightmare!" LOL! I had long hair and a beard; NOT a "love child" nor "flake", tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread