New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Police Investigate 2nd Elderly Assault Claim In 2 Weeks

January 17, 2014 9:45 PM

2nd Suspected Elderly Assault In 2 Weeks « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – It was nearly two weeks ago when an elderly man was beaten to the ground outside a Dallas restaurant. Now police in the city are investigating a similar incident.

The attack happened along Central Expressway near Knox-Henderson.

The manager of a Denny’s restaurant says he found 74-year-old Charles Pace lying face down, motionless and bleeding in the parking lot. It was two o’clock Friday morning.

The woman said it was only when police arrived that Pace started to move, but he seemed confused.

The manager thought the elderly man might have had too much to drink and fell down. Investigators say Pace told them he was headed to the restaurant when he was struck on the back of the head in an unprovoked attack by three men.

A police report reads,”[Responding officers] believe that [Pace] was the victim of the latest ‘knockout game.’”

The knockout game, a trend involving attacks on unsuspecting victims, has made national headlines recently with many attacks videotaped and posted online.

Friday afternoon, police said they were searching social media for clues, but backed away from the report saying they simply don’t know the motive for the assault.

“I’m not gonna play into this knockout game. It’s not a game. It’s a crime,” said Dallas police Major Jeff Cotner. “These actions are criminal.”

Officials with the department would say that the crime is very similar to the attack two weeks ago on Luis Rocha. The 69-year-old was assaulted in the parking lot of a Campisi’s restaurant, just blocks from the Denny’s.

In both cases, nothing was stolen and the men say no words were exchanged. Both victims say three men attacked them.

So far, police admit they have few leads in either case and are asking the public for tips.

“Someone’s out there committing these crimes. They’re doing it with malice and forethought. They’re victimizing these people, and we need your help,” said Cotner.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Rebel just curious... Are you a cop ? You sure spend alot of time humping Red's leg on that subject so I thought I'd ask. Back on topic, without making any comments that could be considered "racist" I think it's wise to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and never turn your back on potential attackers. Have the means to protect yourself and when you see these types coming towards you be ready for anything. They are no different than wild animals and should be treated the same way.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel just curious... Are you a cop ? You sure spend alot of time humping Red's leg on that subject so I thought I'd ask. Back on topic, without making any comments that could be considered "racist" I think it's wise to ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and never turn your back on potential attackers. Have the means to protect yourself and when you see these types coming towards you be ready for anything. They are no different than wild animals and should be treated the same way.

NOT "humping" his leg; VERY poor choice of words, and VERY offensive!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is that why my dog goes to his corner when I say stop that. cause he's offended?:laughing7: Any help out there ?I need a dog whisperer.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some pretty tough guys, I bet they hit women and kids too!! Let's go get wasted and punch someone that's not looking, hey that sounds fun -

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Sorry man. Just a figure of speech and no harm intended. You just seem to have an issue with Red so I asked. Every time the subject of bad cops comes up there you are... It was a legitimate question worded poorly. It's time for the Oak Island treasure show to come on and I haven't had my daily dose of "reality" tv yet today. Have a good night.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Sorry man. Just a figure of speech and no harm intended. You just seem to have an issue with Red so I asked. Every time the subject of bad cops comes up there you are... It was a legitimate question worded poorly. It's time for the Oak Island treasure show to come on and I haven't had my daily dose of "reality" tv yet today. Have a good night.

LOL!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Rebel, do you need a Valium ? I got some and willing to share..
Seriously though, can you share the secret to happiness ?
You lol more in a day than I do in a year..I'm jealous.

Mike

Naw... I MEDITATE; PREZ Ron taught me the SECRETS of HAPPINESS... CONFRONT & let the sheetz roll off your back.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Naw... I MEDITATE; PREZ Ron taught me the SECRETS of HAPPINESS... CONFRONT & let the sheetz roll off your back.

"CONFRONT & let the sheetz roll off your back" You must take 4 showers a day then. That's why your "happy". I suggest taking BC1969 up on his offer of Valium.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"CONFRONT & let the sheetz roll off your back" You must take 4 showers a day then. That's why your "happy". I suggest taking BC1969 up on his offer of Valium.

NOPE, don't need showers... don't you know sharing medication(s) NOT prescribed to YOU, is a CRIME...? The OTHER person is practicing medicine w/o a LICENSE!

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
LOL careful Limitool... He's got a file started on ya now.. don't you know it's illegal to make jokes on da innanet ? pssst Reb, you do seem a bit "wired"... Relax man. Take some deep breaths.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah let me just email you that Valium...illegal what's that ?
Crime ? Lol you have to recognize mans law to commit a crime..and I don't, it is the same way I get out of jury duty...only GOD can judge others, so I tell them this court has no authority..
Speaking of crime, since I am tired and rambling on, pot dealers used to be criminals..now they are caregivers..muwhaha..funny how that went.

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL careful Limitool... He's got a file started on ya now.. don't you know it's illegal to make jokes on da innanet ? pssst Reb, you do seem a bit "wired"... Relax man. Take some deep breaths.

Bandit... Thank you for the info!!!! I did NOT realize this. I goggled it and did find out you were right (as usual)! Federal law No. #1CGK-lebeR-tihslluB plainly states this. And its gotta be true you know!!!! I apologize for the joke making and I'll try and keep it under control though I'll probably be a law breaker. BC1969... I'd like to see that medical license myself you law breaker.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread