Italian family buries mother they said was still alive

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Italian family fights with authorities over burial of woman - UPI.com

Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM

PALERMO, Italy, Feb. 14 (UPI) -- An Italian family said they were forced to bury their 68-year-old mother even though they believe she was still alive.

The family of Grazi Bruno, 68, said she wasn't really dead because her body showed no decomposition or rigor mortis, which normally occurs after death, the ANSA news agency reported Friday.

The family fought with municipal authorities over their mother's body for eight days after two medical authorities confirmed she died from pancreatic cancer.

The family held a funeral in the town of Villagrazia di Carini near the capital of Palermo.

"For us, we will always regret that we buried our mother while she was still alive," one family member, whose name wasn't reported, said.

"Anyone in their place would have acted in same way," said priest Antonino Caruso. "Better to err on the side of caution than on indifference and distraction," the priest said during Mass.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's written into the Affordable Care Act too!! I suppose when you are old and useless, why stick around?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe she drank that ice Mt. water I had a question on to prevent Rigor:laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an FYI, this story is about Italians in Italy.

I believe Section 187, page 891, paragraph 3.5, line B-1 clearly states: Starting on Jan. 1st in 2017 all Italians must be registered for coverage and this includes all of those living in Italy and elsewhere also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread