DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all !! :)

Living in Europe, and having family in the USA (Mass. and AZ), I was wondering:

How many of you have knowledge of your family roots outside the US ??

If you do, have you known about it all the time, or have you done some genealogy ?

Do some of you still have contact with your relatives around the World ??

This would really interest me !!

I already now thank you !! ;)

Regards
agersea

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fathers side is from Wales

& My Mothers from Germany.

I never did research, too much of a Pain, Considering
no Treasure Tales in Peoples Names.

Just always Knew it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mothers side comes from Chesire England.Settled here in the states in the early 1600's around Maryland and Virginia.My fathers side although harder to trace originally came from Ireland and settled in Virginia in the early 1700's,or so i've been told.Before that I couldn't tell you. :)

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I've done some genealogy, which mostly backs up the family traditions.

On my mom's side, it's mostly English & Scots-Irish, from at least 1715 or before. Some American Indian, don't know what tribe.

On my dad's side, it's mostly English, a little German (I just learned that a couple of years ago). Also from late 1700s to early 1800s or before. Too long to still have knowledge of family in the "old country"

cool question.

Nan :)

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
diggummup said:
My mothers side comes from Chesire England.Settled here in the states in the early 1600's around Maryland and Virginia.My fathers side although harder to trace originally came from Ireland and settled in Virginia in the early 1700's,or so i've been told.Before that I couldn't tell you. :)
Both sides of your family have been in America a very long time...from the beginning...thats kinda unusual. You should try to make up a family tree...would be interesting. Those great pioneers are Americas history.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Grand parents immigrated from Sweden late 1800's (my fathers side) and from Norway on mothers side. So I am a half breed SvenskaAmerican with a little Norsky blood.

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well science i am Danish and live in USA "Washington" i have roots in Denmark .. my Wife "born and raised in USA" have a grandmother in Sweden.. so my daughter "Born in USA" have a Great Grandmother in Sweden and a Grandmother in USA and a grandmother in Denmark.

USTiger

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
USTiger said:
Well science i am Danish and live in USA "Washington" i have roots in Denmark .. my Wife "born and raised in USA" have a grandmother in Sweden.. so my daughter "Born in USA" have a Great Grandmother in Sweden and a Grandmother in USA and a grandmother in Denmark.

USTiger
I remember reading about your quest for citizenship. Im glad it worked out. Welcome to the USA as a legal immigrant. ;D

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well 1 in 16.000.000 immigrants is not the best odds .. but i am legal .. he he .. thanks... great to be here.

USTiger

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
diggummup said:
Both sides of your family have been in America a very long time...from the beginning...thats kinda unusual. You should try to make up a family tree...would be interesting. Those great pioneers are Americas history.
My mothers tree has already been done.My fathers,although he never met his father we now know who he is,is being worked on. :)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
who he is,is being worked on.
doesnt look or sound right for some reason" IS,IS" :-\

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, guys !!

Very interesting to read !! ;) ;D

Paul is Dead said:
Horse thieves the whole lot of us since mid 1600s both sides.

:D :D :D

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Paul is Dead said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Paul is Dead said:
Horse thieves the whole lot of us since mid 1600s both sides.
Why dont I believe you? :D

Come on Big C, have I ever lied to you? Well, that is what my Dad used to tell us. Until he wrote his life story of the family, and him. Started in Virgina, Ohio, Indiana, Ill., Mo. and some in OK. We on his and Moms side were the first to come to Ca. after the war. One foot in the water, just never left. But for some odd reason had a horse ranch up in Montana. Go figure.
Maybe its true. :)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDEKALB said:
diggummup said:
who he is,is being worked on.
doesnt look or sound right for some reason" IS,IS" :-\
Smoke another one,you'll be alright. ::) Care to contribute to the thread BaronVon Dekalb or are you just pointing out grammatical errors?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I have traced my moms side back to 1610.
On my fathers side I got back to Hungary...late 1700's / early 1800's and and ran into some problems ,but am slowly making headway . .......... Both sides married full blooded Cherokee when they came to the Americas ....Have been doing family history for about ten years and I love it.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irish and Dutch on my father's side and my mother said German and Austrian on her side although I found my great grandmother and father's marriage license and it indicated they were both Bohemian. I have issues!

C

chibear

My great-great grandfather came from Bangor, County Down, in Ireland. He left Ireland during the potatoe famine in the 1800's with his then pregnant wife and another family, who were the Rea's. My great grandfather was born at sea, during the trip. They came thru Ellis Island and after staying a bit in Pa., they moved on to Ca..

I was able to spend about a month touring Ireland many years ago; 2000 shades of green and you can't describe any of them. Yes, i kissed the Blarney Stone......What Liars Contest? lol Actually, you are granted "The Gift of Eloquence" when you kiss the stone. HH all

chibear

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Grandmother's ancestors on Dad's side came over right after the Mayflower on their own ship. Mom's ancestors met them at the shore. Took almost 400 years for them to meet back up again. LOL
Dad's Grandfather came over from Sweden.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Have no idea :-[

Was told they found me under a
cabbage leaf. :-\

Only records I have been able to follow is
this one family photo.
CABBAGE.jpg

all have a good un.............