mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Kat for the gorgeous pieces you sent my way. The fire agate is so, um, firey! I can't believe I was able to catch it in the pic. & the pottery, I am so excited to touch bits of history. I have always been fascinated by obsidian. I love polishing it & putting it on a flashlight to see the striations. America Unearthed has a show talking about a green/gold obsidian spear found in Hawaii. & the obsidian comes from Mexico. Wonder where your green obsidian came from?
Again, thank you!

Attachments

• 175.JPG
    175.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 120
  • 182.JPG
    182.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 118

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been watching that show called "Prospectors"? They find some nice stuff on there. I'm limited on how much I can climb around or I'd probably be looking for some cool rocks myself. :)

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I love prospecters, but I have DTV & they cancelled weather channel & gave us this other weather station that is pitiful! I have sent my grievances to them, but I know it won't make any difference.
I had both knees replaced 2 yrs ago. Before that I could barely walk from a parking lot to the store. I feel like I have my life back. So I understand your inability to get around. I hope it is something that you can overcome?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..."Hi" mamabear...so this is where you've been hiding lol...& and you're welcome....don't know why but have never looked under this "everything else" forum before. Yes little bits of "history", I like thinking of it that way to!
When I take pictures of the fire agates I "wet" them to show the color better or you could use mineral oil on them & even the Obsidian. I find the "greenish" ones right here, even some on the property, must be some mineral that gives them a green color. I have heard that they do have green in Hawaii, wish I had know that when I was there! I'll have to look up that America Unearthed episode! Glad you like the things....:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread