Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Boston Bomb Squad Blows Up Empty Pressure Cooker

Have to keep the masses terrified of the boogeyman........RJC

Unattended pressure cooker spurs bomb squad paranoia

Infowars.com
March 11, 2014

The Boston Police Department is on edge in the run-up to the 2014 Boston Marathon, and their sights are set on nefarious-looking kitchen appliances.

This morning, the Boston bomb squad jumped when someone phoned in a tip concerning a “pressure cooker left unattended” in an East Boston neighborhood.

Latest Videos « CBS Boston

“A member of the bomb squad set up a disruption device near the pressure cooker and a few minutes later it was blown up,” CBS Boston reports, adding that “No one was hurt.”

The kicker, of course, is that the cooker was empty, but that didn’t stop a nearby school from going into “safe mode,” nor did it stop police from commenting that abandoned pressure cookers pose a huge public safety hazard.

“People are sensitive to this,” Boston Police Capt. Kelley McCormick stated. “We’ve had a lot of people go through a serious crisis this year with pressure cookers. It’s no joke. We don’t take it as a joke. We’ll never take it as a joke.”

Pressure cookers have come to be regarded with an extra degree of scrutiny after police say two of them were used as explosives during last year’s marathon. Picture or video illustrating this, however, has not been made public.

Yet this is the justification used to instill a fear of small home appliances.

Video showing the two brothers suspected of bombing the marathon actually placing the bombs has also failed to materialize, although Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick, who also admitted he hadn’t seen the video, is confident it shows “clear involvement.”

Members of the Massachusetts National Guard were also recently told they would not be allowed to wear backpacks during this year’s Boston Marathon, something members have been doing for the past decade, again illustrating how supposed terror attacks are used as pretexts to curtail freedoms.

Police fortunately spared residents of the East Boston neighborhood a Constitution-busting door-to-door search.

Despite the heightened paranoia over electric cooking devices, the run is still scheduled to take place on April 21.

This article was posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 2:20 pm

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like the police were doing their job. What would have happened if the police did not respond and it turned out to be a real threat?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
when one got made into a bomb and killed & mained lots of folks-- folks --seeing a "left out in the open alone pressure cooker" is not a laughing matter...

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Sounds like the police were doing their job. What would have happened if the police did not respond and it turned out to be a real threat?

Then there would be a post stating the police were too busy eating donuts to do their job. Some people like to do nothing but stir the pot.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Then there would be a post stating the police were too busy eating donuts to do their job. Some people like to do nothing but stir the pot.

You sure talk about donuts a lot ... you a retired or active duty police officer? (JK)

Now, on a serious note, I think the cops did what they were supposed to do except for one thing: Nab the jerk who thought it was funny.

Should be some surveillance footage available ... it is, after all, Boston.

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Still working. Who doesn't liked donuts? And there are some really good donut jokes out there, besides it's good to laugh at oneself. (To be honest, I never eat them in uniform, fuels the stereotype).

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Glad you didn't take offense, none intended.

My first job was working in a donut shop in La Place Louisiana. I got pretty good at the specialties.

Favorite to make was the Apple Fritter ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Donuts = Heart Bombs....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only if they're deep fried.

Not just the frying, their sugar content is high. Look at how many grams of sugar is in a donut (12 gm=1 level tablespoon)....

Sugar causes high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and heart disease...

One glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut has 200 calories, 12 grams (g) fat (3g saturated), 2g protein, 0g fiber, 10g sugar. That is almost 1 tablespoon of sugar and that is just 1 donut.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. No, just read up on sugar when Dr told me to cut my blood sugar down or I could develop diabetes. ..

I was shocked to discover how much sugar was in common foods and adding up the grams divided by 12 to get tablespoons...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not just the frying, their sugar content is high. Look at how many grams of sugar is in a donut (12 gm=1 level tablespoon).... Sugar causes high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes and heart disease... One glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut has 200 calories, 12 grams (g) fat (3g saturated), 2g protein, 0g fiber, 10g sugar. That is almost 1 tablespoon of sugar and that is just 1 donut.

Kid stuff! Bet my fritters made 6 of them!

Everyone wanted to make cute little fritters. A good fritter is the size and shape of a cow pattie. Probably as heavy too.

On the good side, I always used REAL apple when I made em.

Donuts = Heart Bombs/

Like guns, however, they don't do ANYTHING. They just sit there. You have to pick it up and eat it to get all that good stuff. :occasion14:

Now, just for donut fun ... if you have some day old donuts left over, place them on a cookie tray and sprinkle water over them before placing in an oven at 250 for a few minutes and they'll taste fresh as new --- never do that with creme filled donuts however. They do spoil.

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
LOL. No, just read up on sugar when Dr told me to cut my blood sugar down or I could develop diabetes. .. I was shocked to discover how much sugar was in common foods and adding up the grams divided by 12 to get tablespoons... American by birth, Patriot by choice. I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Good you found out when you did. Keep hunting, stay healthy!

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Kid stuff! Bet my fritters made 6 of them! Everyone wanted to make cute little fritters. A good fritter is the size and shape of a cow pattie. Probably as heavy too. On the good side, I always used REAL apple when I made em. Like guns, however, they don't do ANYTHING. They just sit there. You have to pick it up and eat it to get all that good stuff. :occasion14: Now, just for donut fun ... if you have some day old donuts left over, place them on a cookie tray and sprinkle water over them before placing in an oven at 250 for a few minutes and they'll taste fresh as new --- never do that with creme filled donuts however. They do spoil.

Okay, I am done with this thread, I gained a pound just reading it

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

If it were the real thing it wouldnt have been left out in the open,especially if it happened to have been in a low traffic,foot and otherwise,area.No sense in it.The whole idea is mass casualties.But seeing as how it was left out in the open whoever put it there wanted it to be found.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If it were the real thing it wouldnt have been left out in the open,especially if it happened to have been in a low traffic,foot and otherwise,area.No sense in it.The whole idea is mass casualties.But seeing as how it was left out in the open whoever put it there wanted it to be found.

Doesn't mean it couldn't be a stupid terrorist. They can kill too ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread