This post is NOT political/NOT religion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont make it that.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I see many things getting better, its just not the same world it was in the 1950's. And again, so what.
OK let's just take this one comment and have a real hard honest look at it. In the 1950s when I was born my dad worked ONE job & mom stayed home and raised me. We had a nice home, a new car every few years, and dad even had enough left over to play with amateur local small time sports car racing AND put some money away every week for the future. We took vacations to Fla every year and life was good. We were not rich, we were an average middle class family. Now couples have to both work, sometimes more than one job, just to get by. They drive a 10 year old car because it's all they can afford and many of them are a couple pay checks away from being homeless if something unexpected happens. Now there are many exceptions of course but I'm talking average everyday couples. This is you're idea of progress ? Now maybe you're one of the fortunate few who lives better than most, or you're young and you don't know what it was like 50 years ago but you are living in a total fantasy world if you honestly think things are getting better. The fact that you have dual cities listed as your location tells me it's the former and you have "made it" and that's great. Buttt.. I feel you have an unrealistic view of how the majority of the people live in this country these days. Your "so what" comment comes across to me as if you're saying "I got my piece of the pie and I could care less if there's any left for the next guy"... No offense.

Last edited:

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a big part of the population who just want to growl and grumble about everything in life and blames everyone else for THEIR PROBLEMS.....IE.. too lazy to get off their own azz and go to work .

They want everything given to them and think the world owes them a living. Once again self induced problems.

90% of the time people without jobs are people who don,t wanna work and think .."hell no i,m not working at THAT job ".

Dunno about where everyone else lives...but anyone around these parts anyone that WANTS to work can find work. Big difference between want and lazy. If you are known to be a very good work you will always have work....if your known to be lazy slackard then gl.

But some people don,t want more from life than a simple existence of just getting by which is great !!

Then there are those that don,t want more from life than a simple existence but the rest of the world is out to get them and therefore owes them ...which in turn puts the burden on those who bust their arse to have a good life. Then crap hits the fan when steps are taken to deal it.

Those that lead and are given the responsibility to lead are ALWAYS seen as the problem by a MINORITY of people.....it is impossible to please everyone so it is then left in the hands of the ones who are given the responsibiliry to lead to TRY and do what is best for the MAJORITY. !

It is otherwise known as an impossible task !!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Things change. And so what. People who can't deal with change are their own worst enemy. Things always change, always have, always will. Attributing negativity to change seems fairly self defeating to me.

My pet rabbit does exactly that. No matter what changes, she goes with the flow. She's also been known to poop in her food dish from time to time though, so I'm not sure I want to follow her example..

Change, that improves society as a whole, is great.

Change for the sake of change is insanity.

Accepting changes that affect us negatively simply because it is "change", is lunacy.

There are some recent examples, but we'll just leave it at that ...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Self-fulfilling ideals. Thoughts, fables, and myths can be a dangerous thing.
Give a person a thought, watch how it grows.......

You can't help if a bird lands on your head. You can help whether it builds a nest in your hair or not.

Dang! You had to go and insert logic into the discussion :occasion14:

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Self-fulfilling ideals. Thoughts, fables, and myths can be a dangerous thing.
Give a person a thought, watch how it grows.......

You can't help if a bird lands on your head. You can help whether it builds a nest in your hair or not.

What if it's not looking to build a nest??

c2b944e5a37e31cf0bb7acbf2f1170c9.jpg

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK let's just take this one comment and have a real hard honest look at it. In the 1950s when I was born my dad worked ONE job & mom stayed home and raised me. We had a nice home, a new car every few years, and dad even had enough left over to play with amateur local small time sports car racing AND put some money away every week for the future. We took vacations to Fla every year and life was good. We were not rich, we were an average middle class family. Now couples have to both work, sometimes more than one job, just to get by. They drive a 10 year old car because it's all they can afford and many of them are a couple pay checks away from being homeless if something unexpected happens. Now there are many exceptions of course but I'm talking average everyday couples. This is you're idea of progress ? Now maybe you're one of the fortunate few who lives better than most, or you're young and you don't know what it was like 50 years ago but you are living in a total fantasy world if you honestly think things are getting better. The fact that you have dual cities listed as your location tells me it's the former and you have "made it" and that's great. Buttt.. I feel you have an unrealistic view of how the majority of the people live in this country these days. Your "so what" comment comes across to me as if you're saying "I got my piece of the pie and I could care less if there's any left for the next guy"... No offense.

Sometimes (and I see it with new hires) folks just think that everyone should be brought down to their level.

An entry level job is not going to receive the same pay as my position. I've even heard them say that if they only make minimum wage, then everyone else should too.

Change over the past decade has done a number on me. I went from providing a decent living for my family working 40-45 hours/week to scraping to get by on those same hours AND running my own small business for another 27+ hours per week.

Same full time job (last raise was in 2007), I do have health insurance for me ... not the family though. The change in our family has been catastrophic, almost losing my home last year before starting the small business which has made only enough to pay a single house payment each month.

Change sucks when you are the one it is harming.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with much of your post, and it all leads back to EMPLOYERS not paying workers what they once did in the 1950's relative to the cost of living...

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Change,hmmm,things get better or things get worse,NOTHING stays the same!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have an agenda to only see the negatives in life, that is all you will see

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have an agenda to only see the negatives in life, that is all you will see

It is impossible to see what's Wrong until you see what's Right,that is not something you learn from a book regardless what Intellectuals say!!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I agree with much of your post, and it all leads back to EMPLOYERS not paying workers what they once did in the 1950's relative to the cost of living...
Matt I'm shocked and amazed that you & I agree on much of anything but it's a good thing. Without stepping out of bounds and going "political', it's my opinion that taking more from us and giving it to those who are able to work but choose not to and giving it to foreign countries who HATE us is a large part of the problem as well. That one paycheck in the 50s only had to support those who deserved it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Cases in point! :laughing7:

in the moment of "right now" there is no pain, hurt, anger, fear, hunger, thirst, or lack......
gotta learn to live in the moment.......

That, that you fear the most rushes after you.
That, that the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.

You can change the world you see, when you change the way you see the world.

Yeah, pretty scary stuff trying to take one from the security of the known, in to the unknown.
Think me to be a silly cat, I am at peace......
gotta know how to pick and choose your stresses. 8-)

WT, I have a friend has a big pigeon coop. He makes fertilizer.
Just a matter of how you lookin at it......

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and something I've noticed about "change" in my lifetime......

Ppl usually only "choose" make changes for the better. No one normally says "I'm going to make changes so things will be worse".

Changes that are "forced" upon you, from another, are usually not for YOUR betterment. in most cases.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Oh, and something I've noticed about "change" in my lifetime......

Ppl usually only "choose" make changes for the better. No one normally says "I'm going to make changes so things will be worse".

Changes that are "forced" upon you, from another, are usually not for YOUR betterment. in most cases.
VERY wise observation my friend. I agree completely.

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post. I'll say this, I believe we all should be standing for the constitution and I'll continue to do so. Change is happening. No matter if it's good or bad. Hope that's not to political!

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! Cases in point! :laughing7:

in the moment of "right now" there is no pain, hurt, anger, fear, hunger, thirst, or lack......
gotta learn to live in the moment.......

That, that you fear the most rushes after you.
That, that the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon.

You can change the world you see, when you change the way you see the world.

Yeah, pretty scary stuff trying to take one from the security of the known, in to the unknown.
Think me to be a silly cat, I am at peace......
gotta know how to pick and choose your stresses. 8-)

WT, I have a friend has a big pigeon coop. He makes fertilizer.
Just a matter of how you lookin at it......

Pat Pat Pat,

How can people live in the NOW with their thinking of the past or future,those thoughts are not real only in their head,body in the moment,mind somewhere else,BAD JUJU!

I have read these books dozens of times
and the MORE they make sence,
common sence that is.

Crap is Crap!!!

I still say you got a bit of this in you.:laughing7:

Attachments

• K800_001.JPG
    K800_001.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 79
  • K800_002.JPG
    K800_002.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 79
  • a_015.jpg
    a_015.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There is an old saying," Nothing is constant but change."
The saying doesn't give a direction of change!
Another saying is," You have to hit the gutter before you can rise."
I hate to say this, but it has applied to every civilization in history is it time here? Frank...
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread