Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry but I spent time writing something and the two threads that it was intended for are now closed.

So here it is. Do what you have to do with it.

It has been mentioned that non-treasure hunting forums here like ā€œEverything Elseā€ do nothing but cause division amongst treasure hunters. I myself have used this exact phrase before.
Things that normally were not considered political are now under the microscope which leaves some people feeling paranoid that the content of their post will violate T-net rules.
So what happens now when someone has their post deleted because it fits the description of being political or religious but another post is left alone even though itā€™s of the same nature?
The issue of fairness will now PLAGUE T-net as some will be upset that their post was taken away but others remained unscathed.
What about the numerous posts where someone inserts a bible passage or speaks of their God on an unrelated topic? Iā€™ve never seen those posts edited.
Iā€™m a big boy and it doesnā€™t bother me but fair is fair. Right?
Now, back to the division part. Several have mentioned that politics and religion causes division in a united treasure hunting family.
True, but thereā€™s already a lot of division. Thatā€™s right, there is!
As of the last year or so, thereā€™s a growing sentiment justifying trespassing. No moderator or owner that Iā€™m aware of made an effort to stop this sentiment. If they did, I apologize.
If one was to come to this forum and read several posts, they would get the idea that its o.k. to trespass as long as you donā€™t get caught.
Is this the image T-net wants to portray? If youā€™re gonna increase censorship, then make sure everything is under your scrutiny!
What about the division between those who have some star-struck obsession with the Diggers show and those who hate it? Thread after thread of arguing and insults.
That happens on the more popular forums like General discussion and Metal detecting where thereā€™s a ton of traffic.
What about those with their almighty Minelabs attacking the Ace 250 peasants? The odds of making the banner from using an E-trac is much greater than someone using a Bounty hunter!
Donā€™t tell me that thereā€™s no cliques on this forum!
Itā€™s not a Utopian community! I have a few partners that I hunt with here at home but for the most part, I do not get along with most of the metal detectorists.
Nope, they lie, cheat, sneak, get jealous, and try to steal my sites.
We are competitors right?
Donā€™t get me wrong....Iā€™ve made friends here and enjoy the interaction but itā€™s not some fairy tale united family.
The bottom line is that ALL of humanity is divided. This applies to EVERY community and family. Dysfunction no matter where you go.
I have no problem with what the owners of this site choose to do with their property.
Just pointing out some details as a reminder that you will now have your hands even fuller trying to keep everything FAIR.
Don't make this forum "Fair and balanced" like a certain T.V. network. :laughing7:
Good luck!
Cheers,
Dave.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy, admins may close but I see nothing to justify locking or deleting thread..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread