Speed Up Your Browsing Quickly And Safely ...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Back when I was on dialup (years ago) I was running into extreme load times on many sites. Third party scripts for tracking software which also served unwanted ads on many of the sites I visited were the biggest part of the problem.

I use Firefox as a browser (just plain more secure PERIOD) so I began using "Adblock Plus" to speed up my browsing by simply skipping those lines of code written by nosey folks. Recently though, Adblock has added a new tool: Adblock EDGE.

Here's a screen shot from about 15 minutes ago:

no_ads_zps9a2b9913.jpg

No more political ads, no more tractor ads, which I once found funny on a treasure hunting website. You see, I build and maintain a website for a Kubota Tractor and Equipment dealer, so when the Tnet advertisers' scripts dig through my browsing history, they pick up the word tractor or another farm equipment item and give me ads for them.

Adblock's two browser extensions (they don't work in IE, Chrome, Safari or Opera to my knowledge) have put an end to the problem.

It has also boosted my speed connecting and loading pages as there isn't as much to load.

Besides, we're here to talk about cache hunting anyhow ... aren't we?

What crazy ads do you get here?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks just like my screen with Firefox and Ghostery

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup,spitting image of mine.A decent cleaner besides CC for temp files is old timer temp file cleaner.It gets stuff CC doesnt,I use both.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread