Anybody payin attention

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no mystery here folks. We have cattlemen in Arizona that have posted BLM land and tried to claim it as their own. They have kicked off gold prospectors and campers like it was their private property. We have greenies that have tried the same tired desert tortoise dodge in Arizona as well - nothing new. This case is not a simple one. The cattleman decided he wasn't going to pay the required fees anymore, he lost in court, his time is up and he is pissed off. Stuff happens. He fought the law and the law won.
dude you have changed but its ok cause we all have our own ideas bout how we are being deceived. here in cali its on the verge of retaliation. Water water and less water cause of stupid gov. regulations.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are other circumstances involved here that the BLM FORCED in order to bring this to this conclusion.

No argument from me on that. Just saying the cattleman is cooked..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dude you have changed but its ok cause we all have our own ideas bout how we are being deceived. here in cali its on the verge of retaliation. Water water and less water cause of stupid gov. regulations.

You folks in California are the "roll over" kings and queens! You let your state gooberment run over you every day and just take it. PAH-LEESE! It’s one thing to be all righteous and all knowing on a forum, but it is quite another to have the stones to stand up and be counted on Capitol Hill with money, time, and the willingness to go to jail for contempt. A lot of folks are quick to complain and talk big. Very, very few are willing to actually take action when they are looking at jail time or losing their paycheck. I have gone to jail for my beliefs, and guess what? It didn't change a thing. You have to pick and choose your fights with the gooberment CAREFULLY. This one was ill concieved.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fought the law and the law won? Nice song. And appropriate too! Whoever has the strength or the money is the law. Thought we weeded that out of this country years ago?
Reads like a Zane Grey novel, the bad guys are the paid for super rancher,(BLM), and the enforcement gunslingers are the agents.

You think this bodes well for any prospecting,, hiking, camping, fishing or other natural use of the Land that use to belong to citizens?

Do not venture into the kings fields!

Texans may be leading the way when they outlawed picking up anything on the side of the road.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HA HA Terry "sticky Wicket" Haven't heard that in a looooong time. HA!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You folks in California are the "roll over" kings and queens! You let your state gooberment run over you every day and just take it. PAH-LEESE! It’s one thing to be all righteous and all knowing on a forum, but it is quite another to have the stones to stand up and be counted on Capitol Hill with money, time, and the willingness to go to jail for contempt. A lot of folks are quick to complain and talk big. Very, very few are willing to actually take action when they are looking at jail time or losing their paycheck. I have gone to jail for my beliefs, and guess what? It didn't change a thing. You have to pick and choose your fights with the gooberment CAREFULLY. This one was ill concieved.
yup your right about us here in cali :thumbsup:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would all probably be surprised at how many ranchers are out there paying little to nothing to graze their cattle on our land. Then they patrol it and kick anyone off as if it was their land. Some of this land is also prime hunting land but the ranchers post it like it's private property and keep the honest people out. Then their friends get to hunt it or they charge an arm and a leg for the general public to hunt it. These aren't poor little farmers from the 1800's, they are rich yahoos that could care less about thanking us for the use of our land.
One thing I'm curious about though in this case. Are they really worried about a turtle? If he pays his grazing fees can his cattle destroy the turtles? I don't get it. Kinda like the smog fees in California. If it is going to cost too much to get your car to pass the smog test, you can pay a fee to a state entity and drive it anyway. Go figure.
btw, my sons and I attended a "Stae of Jefferson" meeting just a few nights ago. Some of us want to stay where we are but get rid of the southern part of this moronicaly run state and live like normal humans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
If my wife was not scheduled for some major surgery this coming week I would be halfway to Bunkerville by now to stand shoulder to shoulder with those folks . It's time to take a stand before this becomes another Waco or Ruby Ridge .

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
And there lies the central dispute. The gooberment says it is public land, and the cattleman says it isn't. Sticky wicket.
He has been offering for years to pay the State of Nevada for the grazing rights from what I've read. The dispute is that the BLM dosn't have jurisdiction on this chunk of dirt. The governor agrees but refuses to step in. This may not be entirely correct but it's what I got from the bits & pieces I have read. 200 federal agents with choppers, automatic weapons, etc. to protect some turtles and you're "ok" with this Mr Soloman ? Read a variety of stories on this from a variety of news sources, and read the comments left by the PEOPLE... They are NOT ok with this and it's my opinion that it's about damn time.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If my wife was not scheduled for some major surgery this coming week I would be halfway to Bunkerville by now to stand shoulder to shoulder with those folks . It's time to take a stand before this becomes another Waco or Ruby Ridge .

It's going to get bloody.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He has been offering for years to pay the State of Nevada for the grazing rights from what I've read. The dispute is that the BLM dosn't have jurisdiction on this chunk of dirt. The governor agrees but refuses to step in. This may not be entirely correct but it's what I got from the bits & pieces I have read. 200 federal agents with choppers, automatic weapons, etc. to protect some turtles and you're "ok" with this Mr Soloman ? Read a variety of stories on this from a variety of news sources, and read the comments left by the PEOPLE... They are NOT ok with this and it's my opinion that it's about damn time.

This is about one cattle rancher that refuses to pay for his cattle feed - period. If he wanted to pay the state or county why didn't he write the check and let them fight it out with the Feds years ago? If you folks want to rally behind this guy, why don't you rally around all the Native Americans who "REALLY" own the land all your homes are now on? This is not about turtles, greenies, state's rights - or anything else besides one guy that refuses to pay what he owes and thinks if he can blow enough smoke it will all just go away.

It is going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. I can't wait to see the overweight gun-toting misfits screaming about their rights to the TV cameras. Should be a real circus. Better get some more popcorn..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is about one cattle rancher that refuses to pay for his cattle feed - period. If he wanted to pay the state or county why didn't he write the check and let them fight it out with the Feds years ago? If you folks want to rally behind this guy, why don't you rally around all the Native Americans who "REALLY" own the land all your homes are now on? This is not about turtles, greenies, state's rights - or anything else besides one guy that refuses to pay what he owes and thinks if he can blow enough smoke it will all just go away.

It is going to be interesting to see how this all turns out. I can't wait to see the overweight gun-toting misfits screaming about their rights to the TV cameras. Should be a real circus. Better get some more popcorn..

9e4u6esy.jpg

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
It's going to get bloody.
That is not the intention of the citizens assembling there . Their goal is to prevail by numbers and media exposure . If it escalates to violence it will be perpetrated by the gov't .
Mr. Solomon , your post does not even merit a reply . I suggest that you get better informed before you speculate .

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you folks want to rally behind this guy, why don't you rally around all the Native Americans who "REALLY" own the land all your homes are now on?

(In my best Dan George "Grandfather" voice ...) Now that's something this old Indian can get behind! You want to be the first to give yours up? I've never been to Arizona, but I knew a Navajo girl once. Is that where they are from? She wasn't a snake woman, but she a medicine woman.

Is the place big enough for my cat and rabbit? Do you have enough pegs on the wall to hang all my hats?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard the media and the gov talking about this turtle thing. If it is just about money why don't they sing that tune instead?
Does it take a lot of digging to find that argument?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Truckin. I hope all goes well with your Mrs..

Curious on the ranch boundaries changed with the rivers course. It was not that long ago here that squatters rights was changed to stop aggressive acquisitions of adjacent properties. Not by force type aggression but by the deliberate fencing ,claiming ownership ect. Hard on absentee or large tract owners.

Terry are you suggesting not to be armed visiting a ranch or when on camera?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Terry are you suggesting not to be armed visiting a ranch or when on camera?

No, I’m referring to all of the militia members that are suiting up to go support the rich cattleman in his supposed fight against the mean old government. You know these guys, overweight, undereducated misfits that never served a day in any branch of the armed forces but are willing to shoot law enforcement officers to “protect their rights.” I feel sorry for all of the people falling for this rancher’s “call to arms.” It is a false flag.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We would all probably be surprised at how many ranchers are out there paying little to nothing to graze their cattle on our land. Then they patrol it and kick anyone off as if it was their land. Some of this land is also prime hunting land but the ranchers post it like it's private property and keep the honest people out. Then their friends get to hunt it or they charge an arm and a leg for the general public to hunt it. These aren't poor little farmers from the 1800's, they are rich yahoos that could care less about thanking us for the use of our land.
One thing I'm curious about though in this case. Are they really worried about a turtle? If he pays his grazing fees can his cattle destroy the turtles? I don't get it. Kinda like the smog fees in California. If it is going to cost too much to get your car to pass the smog test, you can pay a fee to a state entity and drive it anyway. Go figure.
btw, my sons and I attended a "Stae of Jefferson" meeting just a few nights ago. Some of us want to stay where we are but get rid of the southern part of this moronicaly run state and live like normal humans.

I had a run in with a rancher here not long after we moved here that almost cost him his life. He decided to try and run my wife and kids out of a rockhounding area. He ended up looking down the wrong end of my .45. I have since become friends with the rancher in question and know a lot of the issues. Most don't understand just how bad a few bad apples can trash a place with garbage and whatever. Some of this is toxic to cattle. And considering how hard it is to make a living as a rancher anymore, I really can't blame him for what he did.

The Bureau of Land Mismanagement is doing everything they can to drive ranchers out of business by whatever means possible including having eco freaks file false complaints. Here's another story.

Chilton Ranch Lawsuit

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you folks want to rally behind this guy, why don't you rally around all the Native Americans who "REALLY" own the land all your homes are now on?

If that is the way you feel about it, then I'll buy you a ticket back to whatever country your ancestors came from. This way I can reclaim that part of my heritage.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Friday night lights!..my guess is somebody will get all boozed up and in a moment of liquid courage, will pop off a round or two at something that resembles the *enemy*...and well you know what will be on the news in the morning ? I do and it ain't gonna be pretty!.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread