Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just wondering if any of you suffer from heart palpitations, PVCs or bradycardia. I'm 16 and I've been having these problems almost frequently. I've talked to my doc and he did a echocardiogram and EKG and found nothing. I also believe I have GAD General anxiety disorder, Which I believe to be the cause of my issues. So does anyone or has anyone suffered from these? Anyone got any tips?

-Ryan

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes several times a day (like today) or sometimes none at all for weeks at a time.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can tell you this ... if you pay them lots of attention --- they get worse. Check with your doctor, he should know whether your palpitations are serious or not.

Then again, you might be in love :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can tell you this ... if you pay them lots of attention --- they get worse. Check with your doctor, he should know whether your palpitations are serious or not. Then again, you might be in love :thumbsup:
lol im only 16! But I have crushes.

Jimick

Apr 14, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT since roughly 1998.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 58 and have had PVC's and paroxysmal atrial tach since 1984. Was quite disturbing to me at first considering I was 27 and "Immortal." ;) All kinds of tests done. Cardiologist says something about vagal nerves...and being harmless. I've been on meds for blood pressure and have only had two bouts of arrhythmia since '84...those got exciting and two rides in an ambulance. Been over 10 years since the last. Anyway took a lot off my mind after that. Now when they happen I just sigh and think to myself I wish these would stop but they don't cause me anxiety any more.
Good luck to you. See a doctor for peace of mind.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had PVC's temporarily 6-7 years ago while going through a divorce. Stress, nicotine, and boatloads of caffeine were to blame. It was certainly a weird feeling before the doctor told me what it was.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, Im sorry to hear that, being so young and All. My Ex GF had them as a child. Realy , there wasnt much they could do for her. I know she took prescribed stuff to help with Anxiety...which usually only causes some different issues.

I think your first step is to use your AT Pro more...lol JOKING!!!!!!!

If i knew you were only 16, i probally wouldn't have been such a prick in your other posts.

take care man!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually, Diggin, using the AT Pro more is probably better than any medication a doc could prescribe.

Anxiety (personal worries), stress (working full time AND running a small business on my days off), and a teenage daughter contribute to mine lately.

Get your mind off your worries and do something productive or otherwise enjoyable ... you'll be surprised how you hardly notice them anymore.

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who experiences these.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were you I wouldn't use caffeine..ie chocolate, or any drinks that have it in them..If physician thinks it's due to stress I would suggest counseling..I hope it gets better for you..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I were you I wouldn't use caffeine..ie chocolate, or any drinks that have it in them..If physician thinks it's due to stress I would suggest counseling..I hope it gets better for you.. Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I've cut all caffeine in drinks, but I still eat some chocolate. Doctors found nothing on my echo or holter monitor.... Im having problems now with numbness due to anxiety.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be important to get help to get to and resolve the anxiety issue..if you don't it will only get worse..

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help meaning seeing a therapist..

Top Member Reactions