Well isnt this as enjoyable as watching grass grow

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well isnt this as enjoyable as watching grass grow.Then again watching paint dry can be interesting too.Those two things can be just as fun as watching a floor dry after you mop it.Twiddling your thumbs is fun,though it does confuse some people.Any other ideas out there?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes that can be fun too,I could definitely get into that.Good thinking

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats really a blast is watching a dead leaf hanging on a branch waiting to fall,that really knocks my socks off.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I use to catch king snakes in NH,nasty little fluckers.Had one bite me,wouldnt let go,got me in the webbing of my thumb and forefinger.Just hung on grinding its teeth in lol.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lol the kings i caught were red and grayish silver.Pretty cool,they would vibrate their tail like a rattle snake.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lmao garter snakes lol.Reminds me of a good one.I worked for this electronics company making circuit boards.It was surrounded by woods.It was basically a place to raise hell in at lunch,go out and buy a six pack,whatever lol.So these 3 new guys just started working there.They wouldnt associate with the gang.They be off by themselves every lunch time.We never knew what was up with them.So a month or two later summer comes along,me and my buddy are walking across the parking lot.Going across the parking lot was a damn big azz garter snake,it looked like an inner tube lol.I'm not afraid of snakes so I run over and catch it.it was big,one of the biggest garter snakes ive seen.so I look around wondering what to do with it.There we go I found something to do with it.The new guys car windows were open so I layed the snake down on the front seat lmao.Never heard a word on what happened.That kind of ruined it.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A guy said that metal detecting an Okinawa beach once,sat down to rest,big lump in the sand so he couldnt get comfortable.Decided to dig it up and see what the hell it was,a live 16 inch naval artillery projectile:laughing9:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Snakes in Alabama like that, also had racer in their name, come across one, if you stared it down and then turned around and ran, bugger would chase you, fun was stopping turning around yelling loud, it would stop you run at it, then you were chasing the snake, fun times as a boy.
That and putting firecrackers on fire ant mounds...at least until one bit you, how something so small, could leave such a large welt, was beyond me.

Mike

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a black racer chase me in SW Ga when I was 5 yrs old.
My friend was a few yrs older. She jumped on the bike and LEFT ME!
I had to run, I was so little, that snake was so big! LOL!

Aunt Katie came out, got the garden hoe and took care of that snake!
stupid snake...... :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I had a black racer chase me in SW Ga when I was 5 yrs old.
My friend was a few yrs older. She jumped on the bike and LEFT ME!
I had to run, I was so little, that snake was so big! LOL!

Aunt Katie came out, got the garden hoe and took care of that snake!
stupid snake...... :laughing7:

Dang, she learned early. You don't have to be fast, you just have to be faster than the other guy. Works with bears as well as snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread