Example of a Treasure & Government & Religion Thread

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, by god, I was religiously looking for treasure and hoping for a miracle when all of sudden this federal government guy walked up to me and, well, to make a long story short this guy was on a real crusade, following his darn government code book like it was religion or something. So I prayed to the gods above that he wouldn't see me sneaking away and I got the hell out of there before I had the entire state and federal government on my butt. Thank heaven he didn't see me. Wait a minute! Would the separation of church and state prevent me from telling a story in this manner? :dontknow: I'm so confused...:BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
under this post because you posted it as a Question,
I'll leave it For now.

However

& yes it's a Big "However"

I'd delete it with No apologies as an attempt at a loop hole, if you or anyone
made a post like that normally & I got a report.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
under this post because you posted it as a Question,
I'll leave it For now.

However

& yes it's a Big "However"

I'd delete it with No apologies as an attempt at a loop hole, if you or anyone
made a post like that normally & I got a report.

Sorry Jeff, go ahead and delete it at my request. On second thought, it was a bad, but fun intended "mistake" on my part. Poor judgement/attempt at some humor. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the joke :thumbsup:

I just forgot the :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah...."the lighter side" always needs to be entertained from time to time in order to maintain some balance, but I do see Jeff's point and sooner or later this is probably going to turn into something else. Hope not because threads like these can be fun. :dontknow: I guess time will tell......besides, if Jeff doesn't delete it he'll probably have two Christian FBI agents following him around the next time he goes treasure hunting. No wait, that can't happen, can it? :icon_scratch: Oh, stop the madness! :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, by god, I was religiously looking for treasure and hoping for a miracle when all of sudden this federal government guy walked up to me and, well, to make a long story short this guy was on a real crusade, following his darn government code book like it was religion or something. So I prayed to the gods above that he wouldn't see me sneaking away and I got the hell out of there before I had the entire state and federal government on my butt. Thank heaven he didn't see me. Wait a minute! Would the separation of church and state prevent me from telling a story in this manner? :dontknow: I'm so confused...:BangHead:

I heard "there're" following MD'ers around and stealing there lunches. Really... stealing lunches!!!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once had a Sasquatch try and walk off with my fisher...he made a great rug... Mike

Ok Mike I'm calling you on this one.... I actually have film showing lunches being stolen but your gonna have to post the struggle with Sasquatch AND the rug!!!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You mean to tell me that you believe in bigfoots, but you don't believe in fire breathing dragons?"

"Yes, that is correct. But, unlike you I have seen where a bigfoot lived."

"You've seen where a bigfoot lived? And just where was that?"

"In a cave. I saw a cave."

"So just because you saw a cave you believe a bigfoot lived in that cave?"

"Sure. I mean, where else is he going to live?"

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you know bigfoots are flat footed? It's true. That's why you can always hear them running at night in the far off distance. :thumbsup: I've heard them several times while camping.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• Cave #01.jpg
    Cave #01.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet an entire family of bigfoots lived in that cave! Probably had a fire breathing dragon as a pet, rode it like a horse in prehistoric times. I'm seeing a whole new reality show in the making here. :thumbsup:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll bet an entire family of bigfoots lived in that cave! Probably had a fire breathing dragon as a pet, rode it like a horse in prehistoric times. I'm seeing a whole new reality show in the making here. :thumbsup:

I believe the only bigfoot to come out of my cave is my wet butt after a day of "fun". The day I see bigfoot tracks coming and going while I'm in there is the day you'll hear me screaming all the way to Florida. I believe you've been watching to many Munsters reruns. Is your name Eddie?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm telling you, bigfoots are real! I knew a guy who knew another guy who knew another guy who got one on video. You know those things can run so fast you can't even capture an image of one where the image isn't blurred. Now dude, that's fast!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe the only bigfoot to come out of my cave is my wet butt after a day of "fun". The day I see bigfoot tracks coming and going while I'm in there is the day you'll hear me screaming all the way to Florida. I believe you've been watching to many Munsters reruns. Is your name Eddie?

Oh, so then you'll want to meet the Skunk Ape too? Man, both of them critters would make a great story to tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread