dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pretty scary out there for sure...what was your close call?

sent from a potato...

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, those are incredible! Couldn't stop watching!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Was out at a buddies farm helping him cut next years wood, all he heats with, well we were cutting down ash trees in the woods, business as usual dropped a fairly large one, when it hit the ground caused a couple hundred pound widowmaker to come lose from a tree right next to it, and wham missed me by about a foot.
Would have been my own fault, since I know better than to be oblivious while in the woods felling trees.
By the way a widowmaker is just a name given to a branch or limb that's detached from the tree, just dangling up there, sawing into a tree or felling one nearby can jar them lose, and well getting hit in the head by a good sized piece of wood, tends to make your wife a widow.

Mike

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Was out at a buddies farm helping him cut next years wood, all he heats with, well we were cutting down ash trees in the woods, business as usual dropped a fairly large one, when it hit the ground caused a couple hundred pound widowmaker to come lose from a tree right next to it, and wham missed me by about a foot.
Would have been my own fault, since I know better than to be oblivious while in the woods felling trees.
By the way a widowmaker is just a name given to a branch or limb that's detached from the tree, just dangling up there, sawing into a tree or felling one nearby can jar them lose, and well getting hit in the head by a good sized piece of wood, tends to make your wife a widow.

Mike

Yup, you got lucky...when I am cutting trees I always look for those widow makers. Just last year a guy got killed in a tree topping it. Took a branch right through his eye...that was a gruesome sight.

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch! I've seen a lot of bad things happen in the woods over the years, some people call them accidents, but for all my years doing this kinda stuff, 8 out of 10 times something bad happened to somebody, was either carelessness or just plain stupidity.

Mike

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Ouch! I've seen a lot of bad things happen in the woods over the years, some people call them accidents, but for all my years doing this kinda stuff, 8 out of 10 times something bad happened to somebody, was either carelessness or just plain stupidity.

Mike

Absolutely, that's why I say common sense will keep you safer than any safety gear, guards, shields, or regulations. We now have a society that can't think for themselves...

sent from a potato...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a close call once - A guy didn't fill his hole while metal detecting and I stepped in it and twisted my ankle. I could have been killed!!! <- - - Just adding MD'ing to the thread! :occasion14:
Thanks for the video -Crazy stuff out there!!!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah it could have killed you ring finder, had you fallen and whacked your head on a rock, or fallen on a small broken off tree and impaled yourself...both of which have also Almost happened to me while in the woods.

Mike

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It is amazing how close we come to death through out our lives! At work, at home, and our hobbies even! Just one wrong turn, or a few more inches and lights out! lol Cool video!

Or a poorly chosen word when speaking with our wives!

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Oh yes......Dishes, figurines, or whatever else was handy have just missed me at times! So what, I was shooting bottle rockets at her in the house! Our neighbors probably think we are killing each other and were just playing! lol

Got to love the dishes. I think we all have been there! Lol.
Classic!

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just so no one thinks I was picking on an innocent angel! You ever hear the term dynamite comes in small packages! Absolutely true!! Lol She was a welder for ten years. Shes probably tuffer than me! lol

Wow! A welder, I assume you have told her she's "hot stuff" before lol

sent from a potato...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
That vid brought back memories of 3 'events' where I should have been dead but cam out of it without a scratch on me or my vehicle. Someone up there must be watching out for me. I hope they don't loose sight of me. Frank...
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread