Dont you just love technology ...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The masses of azzes suck it right up.They cant get enough of the things they cant afford let alone the things that spy on them.Lets just put it on the ole credit card,that way its like we're not really buying it:laughing9:Now we're paying for the privilege of being spied on:laughing7:Suckers.

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Here is one of the problems I have with smart televisions (btw, we sell them where I work):

I set up the network here with a 26 character password including uppercase / lowercase / numbers / punctuation / spaces.

We brought in a new 80" Sony TV to display on the retail floor.

Smart TV doesn't begin to describe it.

Our wireless network is under constant attack, thus the long password for our wireless router. Within 1 minute after plugging in the television, not only had it hacked my password but was displaying it on the television screen for everyone to see. It also hacked two phones and our neighbor's router as well.

Here are the results for my password from http://www.howsecureismypassword.net

password.jpg

Makes you wonder if the NSA is somehow involved ...

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not just smart TV's, it's anything with a camera, including gaming systems, computers, and cell phones. "They" have the technology to watch you through the device's camera without a light showing you it's on and you'll never know it..

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OnStar (actively on or not) can be used for spying and GPS location. What about our DirectTV "receivers" also... they receive and transmit also. And the cheap radios my buddy and I used while hunting picked up ANY baby monitor when in town. The clarity was unbelievable.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Direct TV wants a phone hookup so it can monitor your receiver. It can call the receiver and check out your viewing selections, even when it is off. The best setup is a power strip. Hay nothing works unless it is plugged in to electricity. I also disconnect my internet connection when I am not on. The camera lens is covered on the computer. As far as NSA hacking your code, they have a D Wave quantum computer, hay so does Google. Need I say more?

111-1 profile.jpg Frank...-

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
DISH wanted the same thing. Told them to go suck an egg.

The only thing that doesn't work without a connection to the phone is Pay Per View. Don't use it. In fact, with DISH, once your close your account ... if you don't have a phone line connected ... you can still watch the previews (showtime, HBO, etc.) without a subscription.

Nice when they are previewing channels cable doesn't carry.

Hooked to the phone, they can turn your receiver completely off and you'll never be able to do that.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Direct TV wants a phone hookup so it can monitor your receiver. It can call the receiver and check out your viewing selections, even when it is off. The best setup is a power strip. Hay nothing works unless it is plugged in to electricity. I also disconnect my internet connection when I am not on. The camera lens is covered on the computer. As far as NSA hacking your code, they have a D Wave quantum computer, hay so does Google. Need I say more?

View attachment 1002327 Frank...-

Their past that Frank... I've never had a phone line hooked up in 20+ years and can now order anything I want without it for a long time past. I truly believe it's a 2-way street with a DirectTV receiver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread