Texas Store Accused of Selling Bovine Pud as Human Food

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Texas Store Accused of Selling Bovine Pud as 'Human Food'

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...Accused-of-Selling-Bovine-P****-as-Human-Food

HOUSTON, Texas--A grocery store in Austin, Texas--MT Supermarket--allegedly sold and labeled beef p****, or "pizzle," as human food. Two of the store's employees are now facing a civil lawsuit.

According to KXAN News, the Texas Attorney's Office filed the suit which claims the store's manager, along with one worker, deliberately sold "non-inspected, adulterated and misbranded beef pizzle as human food."

The meat was initially in a container "labeled inedible beef, not intended for use as human food." The defendants apparently put the meat in consumer packaging and put a label on it claiming that the meat was inspected and intended for human consumption.

The store manager and employee could ultimately be fined up to $5,000 if the allegations against them are true.

According to Yahoo!News, pizzle is typically from a bull. It is commonly used in the U.S. in the making of dog treats. In some foreign cultures, humans apparently consume the beef p**** in certain soups and drinks.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
If people only knew what was in their food!!

Then again some will say "our Government wouldn't allow that to happen." FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD Bless

Chris

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know things have changed and standards have been raised since the early 70's but when I witnessed what went into hot dogs I was very surprised. Later I found out that at the time Missouri had the lowest standards in the country and Wilson went out of business later. Absolutely NOTHING went to waste on a hog including lips, eyes, nose's.... NOTHING!!!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know things have changed and standards have been raised since the early 70's but when I witnessed what went into hot dogs I was very surprised. Later I found out that at the time Missouri had the lowest standards in the country and Wilson went out of business later. Absolutely NOTHING went to waste on a hog including lips, eyes, nose's.... NOTHING!!!!

People need to visit a slaughter house to see for themselves!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the late 1950s, we (my family) went to Sweetwater, Texas to visit my mom's sister and her family. The next day, a cold north wind started blowing 15 to 20 miles an hour. My uncle asked my dad and I if we wanted to ride with him to his workplace to retrieve his coat that he had forgotten the day before. When we arrived, we entered an office, then into a large room where lunch meats, wieners, etc. were made. I wouldn't eat any kind of lunch meat, wieners, sausages, etc for several years. I remember holding my breath as much as I could to prevent gagging.

S

stefen

Maybe they will be fortunate to share a cell with Bubba and his pud....

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well ... it DID happen in Texas.

Maybe that's where the old saying about Texans came from ... Learned it in the oil fields, and it shuts up a lot of those braggarts when it comes from a Cajun:

"Texas is the land of steers and *****s, and I don't see no horns on you."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread