Other

heybubbajay

Feb 28, 2012
SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that the New Coke debacle was a scheme to change the ingredients in the new Classic Coke from sugar to cheaper corn syrup!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume diet coke is ok?

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My sister in law gave me a case of diet green ice tea 3 years ago(which has aspartame in it)needless to say its still sitting untouched.Anybody want it?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well here's a tidbit of info. The formula for coke is not patented. No one person knows the whole formula. The ingredients are bought in false quantities.
Now for the shocker. One of the persons that knew part of the formula died unexpectedly so the original coke formula is gone forever. What you are drinking now for the original was an attempt to 'reverse engineer' an old bottle of coke. Frank...- Hay, I got this straight from the coke factory bottler in Maryland. Frank...- Cube.jpg

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I very very rarely drink soda.the last one i had was last night.The maple soda I bought.all thats in it is carbonated water and real maple syrup,good stuff,i recommend it.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I very very rarely drink soda.the last one i had was last night.The maple soda I bought.all thats in it is carbonated water and real maple syrup,good stuff,i recommend it.

I rarely drink soda also, mainly ginger ale that I mix with ice cream to make sodas. A habit I picked up in my younger days as a soda jerk at the corner pharmacy. Frank...-
111-1 profilecracked.jpg

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Try the maple soda Frankn,if you can find it.Maple walnut ice cream in would be damn good.

I rarely drink soda also, mainly ginger ale that I mix with ice cream to make sodas.

I did the same thing lol.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

never heard of maple soda, sounds good

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
never heard of maple soda, sounds good

It is,not to strong a flavor,not to sweet not to bland,just about right.It doesnt have all the extra garbage in it.Theres only two ingredients in it carbonated water and maple syrup.It comes from the Vermont Sweetwater bottling company.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In 1985, I worked with a man that was a little older than I was at the time; deceased now. He would drink at least 12 and most time 16 cans of Dr. Pepper a day. Constantly complaining about his back hurting. After the company we worked for folded and then reformed, I didn't work there anymore. I would see this man quite often as I was self employed in the same kind of business as the company he was working for. Several years after, he told me one day that he had almost stopped drinking the Dr. Pepper. A few weeks later he had completely quit them. About 8 or 9 months later he died. (I wonder if quitting killed him?) No, I don't remember what caused his death.
This has caused me to start wondering about something that's going on with some of my health problems. Never thought about it much, but did mention it to the doc. I was told that caffeine, liquor, and such would not cause the problem; but drinking 5 or 6 Red Bulls a day might. I haven't drank any cola today and don't plan to for a few days and see if the problem goes away. Probably won't, but I feel it's worth a try.
My heart rate has been extremely erratic lately. About 2 months ago it started and the doc cut one of my meds in half. After about 4 days every thing seemed to be ok. Heart rate was steady and blood pressure was ok. Then last week, it started again; but even worse. I go in for a heart-monitor hook up on Monday and wear it for 3 days. Then it's off to see a cardiologist as soon as an appointment can be made. My heart rate has been changing from a low of about 37 bpm to as high as 117 bpm. I know 117 isn't that bad, but it's happening while I just sitting at the computer! The worst part, to me, is that it can and does change sometime from 37 to mid 90s in less that 15 seconds and 15 seconds later it may be back in the lower 40s. It's screwy, and a bit scary! ECG doesn't show anything except the PCV (?), a pre-beat, kind of a little spike just before the actual beat. Doc said it was fairly common, even in 20 year olds. Just after the ECG, I went down the hall about 20 steps into a room for a chest Xray. Just as I walked in, I checked my pulse and it was in the low 40s. Sometime it changes up and down for several hours and then levels for while. I had a little pulse counter on my finger when the doc walked into the exam room. I asked her to check my pulse. She took my wrist and stood there for a few seconds, then turned my wrist loose. She said my pulse at the time was so erratic that she would have to count it for a full minute to have any idea of what the amount was. Seemingly it doesn't effect my blood pressure or the % of oxygen in my blood. I have noticed the last 4 or 5 days that my feet swell a lot. That's something that I never had until I started some of these meds about 3 years ago; but not very much swelling, and most always just my right foot. Now my left is the one that gets huge. So, what am I doing about all of this (besides worrying a little/lot?), just trying to watch what is happening. Now that this thread is talking about excessive amounts of caffeine, I'll try cutting out the cola and some of the morning coffee. Probably won't matter, but I'll try it anyway. Except for these things, I just try to stay 'prayed up' for just in case!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
In 1985, I worked with a man that was a little older than I was at the time; deceased now. He would drink at least 12 and most time 16 cans of Dr. Pepper a day. Constantly complaining about his back hurting. After the company we worked for folded and then reformed, I didn't work there anymore. I would see this man quite often as I was self employed in the same kind of business as the company he was working for. Several years after, he told me one day that he had almost stopped drinking the Dr. Pepper. A few weeks later he had completely quit them. About 8 or 9 months later he died. (I wonder if quitting killed him?) No, I don't remember what caused his death.
This has caused me to start wondering about something that's going on with some of my health problems. Never thought about it much, but did mention it to the doc. I was told that caffeine, liquor, and such would not cause the problem; but drinking 5 or 6 Red Bulls a day might. I haven't drank any cola today and don't plan to for a few days and see if the problem goes away. Probably won't, but I feel it's worth a try.
My heart rate has been extremely erratic lately. About 2 months ago it started and the doc cut one of my meds in half. After about 4 days every thing seemed to be ok. Heart rate was steady and blood pressure was ok. Then last week, it started again; but even worse. I go in for a heart-monitor hook up on Monday and wear it for 3 days. Then it's off to see a cardiologist as soon as an appointment can be made. My heart rate has been changing from a low of about 37 bpm to as high as 117 bpm. I know 117 isn't that bad, but it's happening while I just sitting at the computer! The worst part, to me, is that it can and does change sometime from 37 to mid 90s in less that 15 seconds and 15 seconds later it may be back in the lower 40s. It's screwy, and a bit scary! ECG doesn't show anything except the PCV (?), a pre-beat, kind of a little spike just before the actual beat. Doc said it was fairly common, even in 20 year olds. Just after the ECG, I went down the hall about 20 steps into a room for a chest Xray. Just as I walked in, I checked my pulse and it was in the low 40s. Sometime it changes up and down for several hours and then levels for while. I had a little pulse counter on my finger when the doc walked into the exam room. I asked her to check my pulse. She took my wrist and stood there for a few seconds, then turned my wrist loose. She said my pulse at the time was so erratic that she would have to count it for a full minute to have any idea of what the amount was. Seemingly it doesn't effect my blood pressure or the % of oxygen in my blood. I have noticed the last 4 or 5 days that my feet swell a lot. That's something that I never had until I started some of these meds about 3 years ago; but not very much swelling, and most always just my right foot. Now my left is the one that gets huge. So, what am I doing about all of this (besides worrying a little/lot?), just trying to watch what is happening. Now that this thread is talking about excessive amounts of caffeine, I'll try cutting out the cola and some of the morning coffee. Probably won't matter, but I'll try it anyway. Except for these things, I just try to stay 'prayed up' for just in case!!!

About 20 or so years ago I experienced a 'double beat' every once in a while. The doc said it could be stress at work or coffee. I have always drank about 6+ cups a day. I cut back to one a day and the sterss cycle at work ended and so did the 'double beat'. I tapered back up to my 6+ cups but it never happened again.

If you speed read the fine writing on the medicine commercials It appears the meds cause more problems than they cure. They also insure the doctors income because they all require continued visits and prescriptions.
Hay I don't take any, except for eye drops after the eye operation.

I also constantly 'shift' the type of food I consume. I eat a lot of veggies, mostly chicken and some pork. Beef is confined to hamburger or meatloaf. I also watch my weight. try to keep it between 180 and 190.
The trick is to try to live untill you die, if you catch my drift. Frank...-
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
They also insure the doctors income because they all require continued visits and prescriptions.

Not to mention kick backs the docs get from the drug companies for shoving meds down your throat.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seen the commercial about pelvic slings and transvaginal mesh? why and who gets that kind of operation?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Let me guess ... metoprolol (lopressor) beta blocker for blood pressure. Am I right?

Caused more problems than it solved for me. Beta blockers are supposed to regulate blood pressure by adjusting your heart rate. For me it was between 50 and 125 BPM, and had gotten over 15 just sitting at my desk at work without any external stimuli.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont forget to call your physician in case of death:laughing9:Bunch of flucking idiots,unreal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread