Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in old house/log cabin, and every year we have a bat or two find their way inside somehow. They really freak out the wife, and I try to release them unharmed, but this one didn't make it.

It got tangled up in a Fish Hook Cactus. We caught one the same way last fall.

100_0405.JPG

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When sitting on our deck by the pool we watch bats a lot. They'll come flying down and just touch the pool water and then fly off. Yesterday morning there was one clinging to the top step of my wife's pool steps. I got the net and got it out but it died about 2 hrs. later....? :dontknow: First time in 20 years I've seen a bat in the water.

Now the OP's bat.... that's a nasty way to go!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
When sitting on our deck by the pool we watch bats a lot. They'll come flying down and just touch the pool water and then fly off. Yesterday morning there was one clinging to the top step of my wife's pool steps. I got the net and got it out but it died about 2 hrs. later....? :dontknow: First time in 20 years I've seen a bat in the water.

Now the OP's bat.... that's a nasty way to go!

Brad,
You ever throw a small stone in the air when you see them around a street lite?

Your Wifes pool,does She let you swim in it??? :laughing7::laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad,
You ever throw a small stone in the air when you see them around a street lite?

Your Wifes pool,does She let you swim in it??? :laughing7::laughing7:

Yea.... but I elect not to anymore (or much). Just to hot on deck for me. She can sit out there for hours in the sun. I just stand by the slider door inside watching with a cold beer in my hand. I'm not wasting the A/C's coolness.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy caught a German Brown trout and, whils he was cleaning it, he found a bat in it's stomach. Apparently that bat was skimming the water too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread