Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that Cali quake was pretty strong, does math work or coincidence ?

Mike

Hey Mike.... Math always works and you know/realize this as many others do.... I just don't know what the parameters are when dealing with "Mother Nature" because so little data is available in the scope of mankind collecting it. But it sounds like CA. got hit hard!!! :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but it hasn't dropped off has it? and earthquakes happen there all the time

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
sorta, was thinking longer term than the next day. interesting site Chris, thanks. I don't normally monitor actual sites like usgs, just base my theories off anything news worthy. mostly patterns, big fissure opens up odds are a earthquake follows.
never answered Jeffers though about the quake swarms in the central plains however, I squarely feel that's from all the new frack wells, some will say no way, but those that do have a interest in saying no way.

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's too bad about all the damage in CA. and the lost of property and goods. Here's what I don't understand AT ALL. Why would anybody knowingly buy and invest in a known quake zone? Or why would anybody buy and invest in property below sea level? Now I realize it's a "free country" and it's none of my business where people invest or wish to raise their families. I understand this completely. But with that said.... When disaster strikes these zones why do many of these folks want taxpayer dollars to help them rebuild when they knowingly invested in this zone freely....??? :dontknow:

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd think a lot of those folks don't buy into the "what if" factor, or its all like my favorite bumper sticker...sh!t happens.
same as all the new urban sprawl pushing folks further out in tornado alley, will sadly see many more Moore Oklahoma type losses from storms.

Mike

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, folks. The tornado alley is another place to expect the unexpected. I don't know if anybody remembers the tornado that devastated Waco, Texas, back in 1953. I was 10 years old at the time and living in Kaufman, Texas, about 30+ miles east of Dallas. We had moved there from Hillsboro, which is just 32 miles north of Waco in 1952. Mom's brother and family came visiting from Sweetwater, out in west Texas. They had lived in Waco until about 1950. We all loaded into their car, all 9 of us, and drove to Waco on the weekend after the tornado. What some sights we saw! I remember a furniture store, with the front wall completely gone, the sides were angled from the ground level at the front, to the full roof height (2 or possibly 3 stories), at the back. On that back wall, on the top floor, was a big Mexican sombrero hanging there like it had never felt the commotion of the tornado!

The tornados were all around me as I grew up. We just kinda accepted it as a happening of nature. Now that I'm in Idaho, where there's very seldom a tornado occurs, I realize just how dangerous it was back in Texas!

I don't miss the tornados, violent thunderstorms, large hail, high humidity, etc. of the weather. Also, I don't miss the chiggers, fire ants, fleas, lots more ticks, 'fire grass', and a lot of other nuisances. I'll have to admit though, that I do miss the sound of a slow steady rain. We only get about 6 to 9 inches of moisture a year, and most of that's snow; but I really love to watch the snow falling.

Look up pictures of Jarrell, Texas, sometime. That small town was wiped off the map, I believe in the late 90s or early 2000s. I miss Texas, but not the weather!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Pre-nup,pre-nup!
I've never made it past the beautiful and blissfully in love stage yet so far, I just keep starting over and repeating that same episode over and over like that twighlight zone from 1963.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
It's too bad about all the damage in CA. and the lost of property and goods. Here's what I don't understand AT ALL. Why would anybody knowingly buy and invest in a known quake zone? Or why would anybody buy and invest in property below sea level? Now I realize it's a "free country" and it's none of my business where people invest or wish to raise their families. I understand this completely. But with that said.... When disaster strikes these zones why do many of these folks want taxpayer dollars to help them rebuild when they knowingly invested in this zone freely....??? :dontknow:

Typically because they are extremely popular resort areas very close to huge population centers and the return per dollar invested is like no other place on earth.
Mineral rights are still intact and sometimes just the gas leases alone pay for everything.....
Yeah, money is important.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread