2B MEGA EXPLORER, 2 box detector, has any one use it? hepl.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will apreciate any help or any information related to this metal detector, has some one owned one, or use it? and if you did how depth does it does? or what kind a batteries does it take? im thinking about buying one, but i have more experience with gemini-3 and TW-6 models, thanks in advance

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well if you are thinking of buying one, the seller could tell you what kind of battery it takes, but that is not a worry because they can be converted to use modern batteries. The important thing is to find out if it is transistorized or tube. Forget the tube models. they consume to much power and some tubes are hard to find. Most 2 Boxes that I have seen will go at least 6'. The exception is the Garrett 2 coil conversions which will only make 3'. I like the older units that actually have seperate transmitter and receiver boxes like your gemini-3. I presently am using an older Hays that will go over 6' and it uses 2- 9v batteries. Frank...- five star.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the advise frank, since i don't know what year the 2B mega explores was made yes i want to make sure not to get a tube kind, I noticed that other countries like Peru are still selling it, i think i found one here in US, and actually was or it is made by hayes so must to be a good unit. again thank you for the advise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread