Bogus cell towers jacking ( intercepting ) your phone.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Been reading about this the last few months, but here is a good read on it.
Mysterious Phony Cell Towers Could Be Intercepting Your Calls | Popular Science

I'd copy/paste but to many things to see

Also from that article, have a iPhone ? learn to secure it here.
iPhone Security: 5 Essential Tips to Keep Your Data Safe

Also from the article, apparently if you got money to burn..please buy me one..lol, the story states a company that makes encrypted phones that can detect said bogus cell towers, though they ain't cheap, but hey if you value your privacy, probably worth it, since the story states those bogus towers are going up all over the country.
this is the company from the story.
Mobile - GSMK

Have a great day.

Mike

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I don't want anyone 'messing' with my phone calls; but like I posted on the article that RJC had about the NSA listening to phone calls: I have the cheapest phone that I could get at WalMart, with no camera or anything else. I just wanted a phone to use when away from the house. It's never on except when I'm away from home. I can get text messages and make phone calls. That's all I need. If anyone is listening/recording my conversations, they're gonna be bored to tears. I pay $25 for 100 minutes for 90 days. What I don't use 'rolls over' as long as I don't forget to renew the time. I have almost $200 in 'rollover'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread