Displaying Your Finds

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought one of these frames recently. Lindner has solved the problem of showing 3D finds without using glue, Blu-Tack, pins, glass or other materials, by the use of a special and unique feature. This frame has two transparent and flexible silicone membranes that surrounds your artefact and gently holds it in place. They are quite expensive, though. I understand that they are available in the States. Anybody used one?

I have used the method below for showing off my 'special' finds. Here's an example of one that usually hangs in the smallest room: :laughing7:

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I cut down this black walnut tree about 35 years ago. The neighbor cut it up at his saw mill for a % of the wood. I still have quite a bit left, so the price was right. Use it to mount my finds. Frank five star.png
HISTORICAL SURVEY 011-1-XI.jpg

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen them for displaying gemstones. They are quite nice. I would wonder if they clean ok, like glass would.
I'd also wonder, if that sharp point on that hook thingy would puncture that membrane.
They're not that expensive, if you buy a cargo container full. Not sure of anyone in the US that makes them.
They are pretty cool for displaying and protecting 3d objects.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I display all my precious rusty horseshoes in a beautiful cardboard box. Duck tape is elegantly used to stiffen the box. And the chains I find with the horseshoes are laid out as to not distract from the shoes. The box is a light brown but slightly changes with age. I'll try and post a pic soon but I don't want to distract from the displays above.

Owlet

Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is interesting.. Able to float an object. Wonder if the silicone allows air circulation?
I have a RAF compass button that should not be encased airtight since it's a mix of plastic and metal. If this membrane is airy, then it could also float a second marked compass that shows the center dot of the compass button pointing true north.

Typically I use the wood/glass slip back frames from CB Weiser.. not airtight, must mount on acid free mat or acetate with copper telephone wire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread