Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we never used to change it till we got a new governor- it would help business he said

I said the daylight is the same

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's keep politics out of forum...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! THAT was last night... "The Crooner" (Old Roddy) has left the stage; GUEST appearance by George Harrison... HERE COME THE SUN; Roosters are happy, Hound dogs are howling, wife is STILL sleeping. Drinking my Coffee...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the last few years, although I'm still on the 'early to bed and early to rise' syndrome, I go to bed when I want, and get up when I want.

After working most of my life on the 'early shift', I got used to getting up about 5 a.m. and going to bed about 9 or 10 p.m. each night. On weekends, I stayed up as late as I wanted on Friday and Saturday nights. As I got older, I started going to bed even on weekends about the same time as through the week. I still have trouble staying up late at night unless it's something 'special' going on. Even if I stay up late at night, I still seem to always wake up about 5 a.m. and be wide awake. I keep my alarm clock set for 6 a.m.; but very seldom does it wake me. I doubt that I have been awaken by the alarm more than 5 or 6 times in the last year. I'm almost always awake between 5 and 5:30.
Last night, I was watching some football games, got to dozing off, and I went to bed about 7:30, woke up about 1:30 a.m., made my nightly trip to the bathroom, then felt wide awake. I turned on the computer, drank about a half pot of coffee, went into the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher. I turned all of the clocks back an hour, and about 3 a.m., new time, I went back to bed. I got up at 5:30.
It's really nice to be able to just lay down for a nap whenever you feel like it! I always looked forward to that when I thought about retirement. It just seemed so wonderful to be able to do what you wanted, when you wanted, and no one to tell you to do differently. Well, of course some of that never became a reality! There's always someone or something that changes your 'schedule'. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would stay up later , but by 6PM I have stared at the Computer screen enough.

most of the time there is Nothing else to do, but go stare at the TV screen
& put up with lame shows & Commercials.

& Since I record everything to watch later when I can Jump through commercials,
it's only natural for me to sleep while things are recording,
& watch them while I'm having Breakfast & Waking up with Coffee
before hopping online

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
For the last few years, although I'm still on the 'early to bed and early to rise' syndrome, I go to bed when I want, and get up when I want.

After working most of my life on the 'early shift', I got used to getting up about 5 a.m. and going to bed about 9 or 10 p.m. each night. On weekends, I stayed up as late as I wanted on Friday and Saturday nights. As I got older, I started going to bed even on weekends about the same time as through the week. I still have trouble staying up late at night unless it's something 'special' going on. Even if I stay up late at night, I still seem to always wake up about 5 a.m. and be wide awake. I keep my alarm clock set for 6 a.m.; but very seldom does it wake me. I doubt that I have been awaken by the alarm more than 5 or 6 times in the last year. I'm almost always awake between 5 and 5:30.
Last night, I was watching some football games, got to dozing off, and I went to bed about 7:30, woke up about 1:30 a.m., made my nightly trip to the bathroom, then felt wide awake. I turned on the computer, drank about a half pot of coffee, went into the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher. I turned all of the clocks back an hour, and about 3 a.m., new time, I went back to bed. I got up at 5:30.
It's really nice to be able to just lay down for a nap whenever you feel like it! I always looked forward to that when I thought about retirement. It just seemed so wonderful to be able to do what you wanted, when you wanted, and no one to tell you to do differently. Well, of course some of that never became a reality! There's always someone or something that changes your 'schedule'. lol

HA! "Life is what happens to you, while you are busy... making OTHER plans" (verse in song by John Lennon).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread