jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn Jeff! You hit the Jackpot!! Congrats!

just think all I probably need do is give them My Bank acct # to deposit it in :laughing7:

I wonder how many suckers respond back giving them their Name & Email address.

I imagine it as a Mass Emailing

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Worth
just think all I probably need do is give them My Bank acct # to deposit it in :laughing7:

I wonder how many suckers respond back giving them their Name & Email address.

I imagine it as a Mass Emailing

Worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! Don't tell me... it was signed, JJ. LOL!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, You should have sent a copy to the FBI. lol Frank

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They don't have me on the Payroll So sorry, They need to do their own work imo

Besides I'm sure it was sent through some automated mass mailer
& someone somewhere forwarded it to authorities,
Or fell for it & will contact authorities after they regret doing so :unhappysmiley:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
They don't have me on the Payroll So sorry, They need to do their own work imo

Besides I'm sure it was sent through some automated mass mailer
& someone somewhere forwarded it to authorities,
Or fell for it & will contact authorities after they regret doing so :unhappysmiley:

Would do no good to report it. Reports that are not relevant to things they are currently interested in (like U.S. Citizens who might have cheated on taxes) are routinely routed to the round file.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're always wanting your bank account number. Did anyone ever think about the checks you give? Every check you send/give has your bank routing number and your bank account number on it. It's not really all that big a deal. Just need to watch your account closely for any kind of activity that you didn't initiate. And, no! I do not give out my bank account number to anybody; but I know it's on every check I give. Also, each time you use your debit/credit card, there's a chance that someone can get the info. I don't feel it's as likely as giving a check; but not that hard either. Of course, there's a lot of hacking of accounts also. Just need to watch out.
I have got a notice twice, from my bank questioning a purchase on my debit card. They notified me before I found it on my account. I check my bank account, online, almost everyday. One of the notices I received was one that I had initiated, the other was an attempt to get money from my account for a purchase that I didn't make. I was told that the scammers would try a small amount or two before making a large withdrawal. The bank cancelled my card and issued a new one; and of course refused to pay the scammers.
Don't know if this helps/hurts anything; just my thoughts on the matter. The main thing is to be careful.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to get the Coca Cola scam emails about 10 years ago...So one day i decided to respond by saying

" Hi, Im only 15, but I can get my dads bank account number if you need it, This money would really help out alot"..lol I had way to much time at my job.

Whats weird is they never responded back to me, my plan was to see how much time I could waste on thier end..but it was short lived...No fun

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have a lot of time to burn check out http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm there are some very funny tales.

I've kept the guys on the phone that call from "Windows" that there is a virus on my pc and I need to pay for it to be cleaned (I do tech support and I know their tricks), I'm pretty good at being the worlds most frustrating user.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep, those folks can be fun. Reminds me of a buddy who was really good at tying up phone solicitors back during the days of the aluminum siding salesmen. Kept one on the phone for most of 30 minutes asking questions.

Then asked how much it would cost. So, salesman asked him for the dimensions of his home: "It's a 14 by 52 foot mobile home." Next thing he heard was the click of the salesman hanging up.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooh ooh, Frankn, I got their head guys' email address here somewhere :icon_scratch: he been contacting me for so long now...... :laughing7:
I can't even remember what he originally wanted. lol. :laughing7:

I do know I'm suppose to respond to some clerk of court in some Chicago suburb for some case. They got a case # and everything. :notworthy:
and I ain't never even been to Illinois. :icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ooh ooh, Frankn, I got their head guys' email address here somewhere :icon_scratch: he been contacting me for so long now...... :laughing7:
I can't even remember what he originally wanted. lol. :laughing7:

I do know I'm suppose to respond to some clerk of court in some Chicago suburb for some case. They got a case # and everything. :notworthy:
and I ain't never even been to Illinois. :icon_scratch:

Doesn't matter... you know how Illinois will be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread