Avatar Had It Right All Along, Trees Communicate With Each Other

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Avatar Had It Right All Along, Trees Communicate With Each Other

Awesome, Life, Videos
December 15, 2014
by Keejaa Ramgotra | Epoch Times

IdVoZWJr1B1tK.gif

(giphy.com) Avatar

The forest works like a family, as it grows it passes on its wisdom and nutrients from one generation to the next to continue its legacy.
But how is this wisdom and nutrients passed on?

Right beneath the forest floor is a fungal ecosystem of inter-species communication.

spyf5z0w7kzSg.gif

(giphy.com)

Dr. Suzanne Simard, Ph.D, from the University of British Columbia is a forester who studies the communication of trees underground.

Screen-shot-2014-12-07-at-7.38.03-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-12-08-at-11.18.37-AM.png

Suzanne Simard in the forest

She explains how fungi communicate the need for nutrient from one tree to another. Imagine that the fungi are like neurotransmitters in your brain, or they are the gasometer in your car letting you know that you are out of gas.

The fungal allies are able to determine where the need for carbon is greatest in the forest, and how to transfer it to create long-term balance. Even across vast distances of forest it is very likely to find fungi acting as collectors and distributors of photosynthesis.

fcsha.gif

The trees that catch your eye when you first step into the forest are the “mother trees.” They are the motherboard for communication and are connected to thousands of other trees. They are also the largest trees in the forest.

13NSLnHCAsirIY.gif

Mother trees, where did they go? (giphy.com)

Suzanne also explains how with the destruction of the forest that has resulted from rapid industrialization, we have interrupted a necessary transmission of knowledge and nutrients to the next generation of trees.

The forest works like a family, as it grows it passes on its wisdom and nutrients from one generation to the next to continue its legacy.

Screen-shot-2014-12-07-at-7.38.09-PM.png

Dr. Suzanne Simard

All of this makes me wonder:

What will be the consequences of our reckless behavior and the interruption it has caused on the trees of the next generation?

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
And here I am cutting trees for firewood! But, I am just harvesting the dead or diseased ones...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this film, with this guy and his experiment decades ago, I didn't think I would find a video for it, though.
Absolutely amazing to think, plants can read minds! There is just so much, we do not know.
If plants can do this, and even bacteria/viruses/cells, mutate and have the capability to change and survive as a result of their environment, it would be nice if ppl could catch up and get with the program, too.
Thanks for sharing!

The audio is terrible, (you'll probably need to turn it up) but the points are interesting.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat, that was pretty cool....

And today the trees were screaming, as I cut 3 of them for firewood. I cut only diseased or dying ones. Two were not dead yet, but were doomed to be.

I pray I don't hear them screaming in my ears tonight as I try to sleep!

Firewood, keeping Mom warm - it's my job....

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I used to make my living off falling trees in The Rockies...areas so untouched we copter in and copter out every day and night (minus snowstorms/stranded nights in bush till weather cleared)...I'm not talking about 2-3 trees for firewood, (2-3 full grown 60-80 foot) every 30 min. or more. Then, one day..(had been thinking of this a lot back then)..I just said to myself "I'm done, I've had enough". I'm tired of cutting down our "Earths Lungs"..(our home/our planets only way to clean our air we breathe!!)

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whoa, did I just stumble into a tree hugger convention? I think we should cut em all down and build mcmansions and mine for coal. If you've seen one redwood (or other tree) you've seen them all.

sheesh, giving human feelings to inanimate objects. Next thing ya'll be talking about cleaning up the waterways by regulation or something.

Happy New Year to all.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
whoa, did I just stumble into a tree hugger convention? I think we should cut em all down and build mcmansions and mine for coal. If you've seen one redwood (or other tree) you've seen them all.

sheesh, giving human feelings to inanimate objects. Next thing ya'll be talking about cleaning up the waterways by regulation or something.

Happy New Year to all.

LOL! 2015... Year of Gratitude; use toilet paper...? Thank a tree...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its simple Brad, they dry it out, scrape off the poop, bleach it...back onto the roll it goes. :laughing7:

I really didn't need it "visually" spelled out... That's the impression I had immediately came too also! It just doesn't seem right to say this on a toilet paper package.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread