Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heads up all. If you're on Comcast, better check your bill.

With their new price increases for their cable subscribers, they have conveniently added on a free "Sports Channel" package. :icon_scratch:

You say, "What's the problem there, it's free"?
I realize a lot of you are into sports, BUT, after the 6 months, they will start charging you. If you are on automatic deductions from your checking/credit card/etc, and don't normally scrutinize the bill, they'll be deducting additional moneys and some may not even be aware of it.

If you have relatives, especially elderly, that you may have set on auto-deduct, check their bills, too.
This sounds like scamming, bait & switch, or, I can't remember the name..... Someone signs you up for something "FREE", and then charges by default later, when YOU don't cancel WHAT YOU NEVER ASKED FOR! :BangHead:

So heads up, all. Ya'll got any advice or input, lemme know, call "Help me Howard" the local news do-gooder..... :laughing7:

comcastcat.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if they try to add a Charge for a Sports Package
I'll have them on the Phone.
They can remove Every Sports Channel from me.
I don't watch It.

That's one of the reasons I will never sign up for auto pay with anyone.

I want the option to miss my Payments on purpose
till they either give me My way, Or release me all together from their service

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's been a common practice for years. Copley Colony was notorious for this. When you call to raise heck they give you this you can stop it before 6 mos is up. We're trying to show subscribers the advantages of the different packages we offer. I could never refrain from going off yelling "If I wanted a different package I'd tell you!!"

It really doesn't bother them, as long as a few are unaware, they make more profit no matter how small.

Thanks for the headsup!!

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pat, same thing happened here on our Comcast bill.....we called and asked for an explanation and got the usual spin...it's a charge we spread out to everyone to help with the cost of the programming( we also got a fee for Broadcast news!).....we simply cancelled the HD programming which is duplicate, and saved more that the new fees....almost cancelled completly..Hello Direct TV.....Gary

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped using Comcast years ago. Of course satellite isn't any better. None of them are. They are all thieves. Remember when "pay tv'" was advertised as "commercial free television"? Remember when politicians told us there would be only one company per city, and that would guarantee fair pricing, excellent service, and respect for consumers. Most of all, the cable industry would never become a monopoly as did the other two giants: electric and telephone? Flash forward 30 years and look what we have. A friggin joke, that's what we have and we are the punchline as usual. Most of the garbage on tv isn't worth watching to begin with.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped using Comcast years ago. Of course satellite isn't any better. None of them are. They are all thieves. Remember when "pay tv'" was advertised as "commercial free television"? Remember when politicians told us there would be only one company per city, and that would guarantee fair pricing, excellent service, and respect for consumers. Most of all, the cable industry would never become a monopoly as did the other two giants: electric and telephone? Flash forward 30 years and look what we have. A friggin joke, that's what we have and we are the punchline as usual. Most of the garbage on tv isn't worth watching to begin with.

Yes I wish they would set it up to .50 or $1.00 per channel & let us pick.

I could live with about 13 Channels.

Only problem they would probably set a Minimum or
price the popular channels at $5 or $10 just to be sure the bill would be the same or more.

Right now I pay $153. a month for Comcast Cable & Internet.
the people I know who have other services like Frontier etc. may pay less.
I haven't asked. But they complain about Service all the time.

I must say Comcast gives me very little problems
& when they do I always call & make a Mountain out of a Mole hill :laughing7:
but I figure I'm paying enough to have that right to give them grief big time :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Brighthouse, I decided my bill was to high so I called them and told them I was getting multiple offers from other companies to switch to them, but had been with Brighthouse since 2001 and if they could find a way to lower my bill I would stay with them. They lowered my bill $40.

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought an antenna and I get free tv, still costs too much!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread