Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually PatCat,some do kill for fun.
I guess they are "evolving". :laughing7: Perhaps, gathering or obtaining new consciousness. I had heard of some bands of primates, that are now murdering. What other animals were you speaking/thinking of? I do know animals will attempt to take out or kill a diseased or injured/weak animal, (I don't think they do that cause they got a "thumbs down" on their FB page, lol).

I usually try not to speak in absolutes, (as in ALL animals/ALL ppl/ALL things), as there are always exceptions and anomalies.
More like a, "for the most part", typa thing. Thanks all for you all's insights and info, too.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some maneaters,lions,tigers,but especially the lions of tsavo is what I was referring to.Chimps hunt and eat meat.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some maneaters,lions,tigers,but especially the lions of tsavo is what I was referring to.Chimps hunt and eat meat.
Ok, I'm with ya now. Yep, there are instances where it seems animals have taken on a human trait..... I would be more of the contention, these lions had tasted human meat before, and the humans were some real peculiar new prey/challenge for them. Who's to say, those lions weren't just mad that them workers set up camp in their territory. They will kill the babies from another male, instincts, rule out competition (not considered needless murder) Some they didn't eat, some they did....... meat is food, human or animal.

That's like when the alligator stalks, kills, tastes human, we destroy them (as to not allow them to obtain and replicate a new killing consciousness). Same with a racing dog, he catches that bunny, he won't run no more (learns a new consciousness). The (new) primate consciousness of murdering (I gotta relook in to those articles), some of the ppl studying this primate group, found it quite disturbing as it was never thought to be a norm in the animal world (again, I'm sure there are other instances, like embryonic sharks eating siblings, I would think from instinct, not because they held a grudge against each other, lol). Again, meat is food, needless murder is something different.

I still say, man (for the most part) fights his own nature and works against himself, creates needless stresses, and then seems clueless as to how to relieve himself, from it all. Thus, suicides, insanity, drugs, the drug industry, medical industry, self-help, books, tapes, cassettes, everyone's a guru, and no one ever finds healing, wholeness, or Peace. lol. Blessed and few are those, that do. (I often wonder why good mental health and understanding of the brain is not mandatory learning in schools).

LOL! RJC, you giving animals human traits, have you seen where the Bovine are rioting? :icon_scratch: sorry, had to throw that in there.... :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ok, I'm with ya now. Yep, there are instances where it seems animals have taken on a human trait..... I would be more of the contention, these lions had tasted human meat before, and the humans were some real peculiar new prey/challenge for them. Who's to say, those lions weren't just mad that them workers set up camp in their territory. They will kill the babies from another male, instincts, rule out competition (not considered needless murder) Some they didn't eat, some they did....... meat is food, human or animal.

That's like when the alligator stalks, kills, tastes human, we destroy them (as to not allow them to obtain and replicate a new killing consciousness). Same with a racing dog, he catches that bunny, he won't run no more (learns a new consciousness). The (new) primate consciousness of murdering (I gotta relook in to those articles), some of the ppl studying this primate group, found it quite disturbing as it was never thought to be a norm in the animal world (again, I'm sure there are other instances, like embryonic sharks eating siblings, I would think from instinct, not because they held a grudge against each other, lol). Again, meat is food, needless murder is something different.

I still say, man (for the most part) fights his own nature and works against himself, creates needless stresses, and then seems clueless as to how to relieve himself, from it all. Thus, suicides, insanity, drugs, the drug industry, medical industry, self-help, books, tapes, cassettes, everyone's a guru, and no one ever finds healing, wholeness, or Peace. lol. Blessed and few are those, that do. (I often wonder why good mental health and understanding of the brain is not mandatory learning in schools).

LOL! RJC, you giving animals human traits, have you seen where the Bovine are rioting? :icon_scratch: sorry, had to throw that in there.... :laughing7:

HA! CAT... hope you are better now (in HEALING); gonna "chime in"... "low" animals (lions, tigers, chimps, dogs, snakes, etc) have brains and are relying on PRIMITIVE Brain of "fight or flight instincts"; "higher" animals (man, woman, etc.) have that PLUS! PROBLEM is... INCONGRUENCE of the Mind & HEART (Emotions). That is why MAN is RESTLESS, "at WAR Within", etc. GIFT(s) of the HOLY Spirit IS a PRESENT; THIS PRESENT! Of the "Here & Now". YOUR "pain" of yesterday, is YOUR GAIN of TODAY, tomorrow... OOP! WHERE was I...? OH! "How does an animal KNOW..." ? INSTINCT! MAN...?
Brain Development & FREE WILL. In my "After-Life Experience", FATHER told me to tell y'all... "I gave you a BRAIN... USE IT!" H.S. sezs "Don't forget the HEART"!
BTW, Bovines are STONED! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lions will kill hyenas and leave them. My 6 dogs are WELL FED and loved. Yet they kill rabbits, opossums, armadillos and other critters and just leave them....? Guess I've raised some "killer/murderous dogs". I witnessed a common crow Saturday attack in mid air another smaller bird while about 6-7 off the ground. This crow grabbed the bird, hung on and landed hard upon the ground. It pecked the bird hard 4-5 times then flew off....? But, man has got to be the worse of the worse.

I have no idea if these attacks and killing are murders or just "old" instincts engrained deeply within their minds.

But I still believe all humans think they are consciously aware... but 98% will never attempt to learn how to further this awareness.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Lions will kill hyenas and leave them. My 6 dogs are WELL FED and loved. Yet they kill rabbits, opossums, armadillos and other critters and just leave them....? Guess I've raised some "killer/murderous dogs". I witnessed a common crow Saturday attack in mid air another smaller bird while about 6-7 off the ground. This crow grabbed the bird, hung on and landed hard upon the ground. It pecked the bird hard 4-5 times then flew off....? But, man has got to be the worse of the worse.

I have no idea if these attacks and killing are murders or just "old" instincts engrained deeply within their minds.

But I still believe all humans think they are consciously aware... but 98% will never attempt to learn how to further this awareness.

Well... THAT'S just it! "Killing" vs "Murdering". "Killing" is NOT "personal" (as in a BOMBING RUN"); "MURDERING" someone IS (as in PHOENIX Assassinations in Vietnam... TARGETED!) ONLY Man can do both; animals can ONLY kill... INSTINCTS!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well... THAT'S just it! "Killing" vs "Murdering". "Killing" is NOT "personal" (as in a BOMBING RUN"); "MURDERING" someone IS (as in PHOENIX Assassinations in Vietnam... TARGETED!) ONLY Man can do both; animals can ONLY kill... INSTINCTS!

Good point Rebel..... Hard to argue that statement. How about this scenario.... Bad guy walks into my wife's room yelling and screaming. Wife yells back loudly. Wife's good friend called Harley (female Great Dane) jumps off bed and rips bad guys head off. So did ole' Harley made it personal by going 1-1 ripping off bad guys head by killing him. Or did ole' Harley just "target" and murder the guy?

I guess moral of questions is.... Don't run into the room yelling and screaming at my wife.... right? You'll be murdered or killed on the spot. Same results either way. (I know- Harleys instincts).

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good point Rebel..... Hard to argue that statement. How about this scenario.... Bad guy walks into my wife's room yelling and screaming. Wife yells back loudly. Wife's good friend called Harley (female Great Dane) jumps off bed and rips bad guys head off. So did ole' Harley made it personal by going 1-1 ripping off bad guys head by killing him. Or did ole' Harley just "target" and murder the guy?

I guess moral of questions is.... Don't run into the room yelling and screaming at my wife.... right? You'll be murdered or killed on the spot. Same results either way. (I know- Harleys instincts).

LEGAL definition would be KILLING... See "post" # 26.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call it all, "Situational awareness". Not a term I coined but one to live by........literally. Just this past weekend I saw a version of it played out by 2 geese where I was fishing. One of the geese would graze and drink while the other stood atop the bank just watching the surroundings for danger in any form. The geese that have failed to adopt this method of survival were not present. :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I call it all, "Situational awareness". Not a term I coined but one to live by........literally. Just this past weekend I saw a version of it played out by 2 geese where I was fishing. One of the geese would graze and drink while the other stood atop the bank just watching the surroundings for danger in any form. The geese that have failed to adopt this method of survival were not present. :)

I agree; I call it "Situation-Specific" (issues, events, etc); "awareness" results whether Man or Animal. In the "case" of the two geese, it was good to hear about the "Look-Out/Sentinel/Point-Man goose". They could have been a "mating couple"... dunno.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
He,she,was a look out.Geese have excellent eyesight.They can spot a single corn kernel a mile up.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, did this thread get run into the ditch.

Then again, maybe it was illustrative.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread