T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my comment might apply here....some folks (not all) that live in bigger citys or different states, have a different opinion of where a mans rights begin and where his neighbors rights end. Let's all just respect everyone's right to privacy.:headbang:

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone who flys a drone over another mans home deserves to have his toy shot down or dismantled.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm still dumbfounded at the cavalier attitude of the defender. Why do we keep tolerating that kind of behavior that has no respect for others. That man didn't wake up in the morning and say to himself "I think I'm gonna go look for a drone to shootdown today". The pilot no matter how innocent he claims to be was obviously doing enough to harass or irritate the man to the level that it went. Growing up we had RC planes and helicopters, we were taught to fly them away from houses, neighborhoods or areas that would bug people. The old man woulda taken them away if he caught us harassing or messing around over the neighborhood. Maybe the more urban folks should start rigging up kites with razors on the leading edge to mount a proper defense.
Fear not as I'm sure this is all temporary because the 10% jackwagon crowd that this pilot is a member of like all of the 10% jackwagon clubs will screw it up for the remaining 90% who actually know how to conduct themselves in a responsible fashion. I give it two years tops and drones will be outlawed or regulated out of existence for the private citizen.

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to what I said in an earlier post. If you want to fly drones, just be responsible and use common sense!! This applies to our chosen hobby of detecting or anything else we do!

bwirth1999

Jun 23, 2007
Belvidere, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now.... For those interested.. The kind of drone flying which I am into, has nothing to do with hovering a $2000 hunk of plastic above a city...

This is the type of stuff that I do and am interested in...

Video is not me btw... I recommend full screen.

As you can see. We fly away from people. Sometimes we do fly in public parks, but stay as far away from people and property as possible, because accidents do happen. If you are wondering the point of flying like this is... It's all about practicing for races. A new world "sport" is emerging. We as drone racing "pilots" seriously dislike the guys who fly DJI Phantoms and Inspires, or any flying camera platform, which is what all of these asshats who make headlines are flying. So please, don't put us all in one category.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bwirth, as stated earlier, I'm not editing, post political statement entire post is deleted.

Please keep all politics out of threads not in our politics forum...

bwirth1999

Jun 23, 2007
Belvidere, IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of what I posted was political?? If I posted something political it wasn't intentional.

*edited to make post more friendly. *

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bwirth, it is not open for debate on open forum... Replied to your pm...

Last edited:

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw yesterday that an American Bald Eagle got tired of looky loos watching her nest, and she disappeared for a couple of seconds then swooped in about 30 mph and destroyed a drone! It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature. Bald Eagles are endangered and the self serving naturalist was tracked down and given a huge fine, facing jail time and lost his little toy !!!!!!!!!! It's about damn time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread