Stuff of Nightmares: Google’s New Humanoid Robot Runs Through the Forest [VIDEO]

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Stuff of Nightmares: Google’s New Humanoid Robot Runs Through the Forest

There’s something unsettling about seeing something move and run like a human but isn’t human.

However, this nightmare fuel is exactly what is being developed by Google’s Boston Dynamics robotics company.

Here is what Boston Dynamics Founder Marc Raibert said about the technology:

‘We’ve been working on humanoid robots, derived from these models. It has been studying the way humans and animals move in a bid to replicate, and even improve on it.

‘Our focus is on balance and dynamics, working in the way animals and people do, moving quickly to avoid falling.’

‘We’re interested in getting this robot out in the world, its a totally different, you can’t predict what its going to be like.

‘All kinds of stuff happens, and we’re making pretty good progress in making it’s movement sort of within shooting range of yours, and if we keep pushing we’ll get there.’

Skynet. Just saying

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My luck? I'll find a major treasure cache and this SOB will show up out of control...

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
My luck? I'll find a major treasure cache and this SOB will show up out of control...

:laughing9: That would just be my luck also.If I didnt have bad luck I wouldnt have any luck at all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate Robots

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some scary stuff - If I saw that coming towards me in the woods; I'd take it down faster then I would take down a drone!! Kaboom!!!!!

Shotgun blast.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread