RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet... - Page 491
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 491 of 961 FirstFirst ... 391441481489490491492493501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 14413
Like Tree56206Likes

Thread: RANDOM PICTURE THREAD - Post ANY of your favorite pictures here to share with Tnet...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1071 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0524.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	1533770
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6344 times
    AARC likes this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clv View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0524.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	1533770
    Beautiful Snow Angel .

I love yr avatar as well , Where can I get one.?
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    12603 times
    Getting Ready for below Zero Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	1533781

us
    Mar 2013
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3163 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCannonballGuy View Post
    About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawells uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

About 30 years later I came across this photo of the handsome young Captain Seawell at age 20 in his Confederate Artillery uniform.
    What a story - true connection to history...!
    Awesome finds...!
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1766 times
    Good Morning from Wyoming!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YS Elk.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	1533783
    RTR, Davers, GB1 and 6 others like this.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22696 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It's been a while, so here are a few.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washington 091 (2).jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	1533791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	washington 094 (2).jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	1533792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1533793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00196-20110511-1433.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	299.3 KB 
ID:	1533794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	1533795  

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6344 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemustdigtreasure View Post
    What a story - true connection to history...!
    Awesome finds...!
    WOW!
    I missed that story ,when did The Cannon Ball Guy post this?

Not just every relic hunters Dream Find's but also finding a Photo of the Gentleman some 30 years later.

Possibly wearing the Coat & Buttons TCBG Unearthed.

Davers

us
    Don

Feb 2016
    Missouri
    macro racer 2, whites mx5, trx pinpointer
    905 times
    Metal Detecting
    About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawells uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

About 30 years later I came across this photo of the handsome young Captain Seawell at age 20 in his Confederate Artillery uniform.
    Wow, now that's one relic hunt that even I the non relic hunter would have gotten super thrilled about!! Super interesting story!
    AARC, Simon1, Davers and 2 others like this.

clv
    us
    Dec 2012
    santee, ca
    Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Minelab Eureka gold, Tesoro Compadre, and TRX Pin Pointer Have owned; White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro, fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, fisher 1235x, Garret Master Hunter V
    1071 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Beautiful Snow Angel .

I love yr avatar as well , Where can I get one.?
    do a google search for "UFO COIN" look under images
    AARC, GB1, Davers and 1 others like this.
    Don' ask, Don't tell, just DIG!

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    43070 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Getting Ready for below Zero Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	1533781
    oooooh, plastic lines !
    GB1, AARC and Blak bart like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20293 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    oooooh, plastic lines !
    pex
    AARC and Blak bart like this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

When we come into the world we take on the identity of those more powerful than us.

Charter Member

Jun 2015
    43070 times
    Underwater B.B. stacking
    High density polyethylene. I use to sell this to manufactured home dealers back in the day. Had to clamp rings on to secure the fitting to keep it from leaking.
    AARC and Blak bart like this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Western Washington
    1558 times
    About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawell's uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

Incredible find and photo. I marvel at how this hobby can be a direct link to the past, one item can open a door to send you down a road of revelations, I believe that gun and buttons were meant for you to find, someone who appreciates the history.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    6344 times
    About 40 years ago (December 28, 1976), I drove from Atlanta to the civil war siege battlefield at Port Hudson LA, to go relic-digging with some friends. On that trip I dug a .36 Colt Navy revolver, whose brass backstrap was engraved "Capt. W.B. Seawell 7th La. H.A." (H.A. being the abbreviation for Heavy Artillery.) Research showed he was in command of a battery of Heavy Artillery cannons in the defenses of Port Hudson, on the Mississippi River side. When the Confederate Garrison was surrendered, Capt. Seawell and a CS cavalry officer put their revolvers, their swords, an 1855 Harpers Ferry Pistol-Carbine, and a solid-silver hilted fighting knife into a wooden rifle crate and buried it, to spare their weapons the dishonor of being handed over to the yankees. They were wrapped in Capt. Seawell's uniform coat. When I dug them up, I found bits of grey cloth stuck to them, along with a bunch of Louisiana State Seal buttons.

I love it .

I should have searched harder yesterday ,for the original post.

Davers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links