Anti rant thread, post your good deeds here. I CHALLENGE YOU!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I know that us treasure hunters/TreasureNet members are, for the most part, really good citizens.

This is proven time and again in a lot of the threads where good deeds are mentioned.

It is put in bright lights in the Honorable Mention Forum where the very best good deeds are immortalized for all to read and admire.

I CHALLENGE YOU ALL!!!!

ARE YOU ALL PAYING ATTENTION?

at least all who give a crap,
or believe in doing the right thing,
or care about others,
or like to smile instead of frown,
or do things "just because",

... you get the drift!

DO A GOOD DEED TODAY!!!
and document it here!
Maybe it will catch on and we all will be doing at least one good deed per day.

One at a time, we can make this world a better place,
if only for a moment...pass it along!!!

DO A LITTLE THING!
and document it here!
Maybe it will catch on and we all will be doing at least one per day.

ie:

Help an eldely neighbor. Cut their lawn, take out their trash to the road, ...you get the picture.

While driving, let the other guy into traffic, even when he is in the wrong and pushing his way in... yield and smile, a friendly wave instead of the finger. Slow down, enjoy all there is to enjoy in this life! We don't always have to be "right".

Let someone go in front of you in line at the grocery store if they look stressed and in a hurry. You may make a positive difference in their day!

Give back the money to the cashier when he/she gives you too much by mistake. It's the right thing to do! They have to pay it back at the end of their shift if the till is short.
Karma is a powerful thing!

Let one of the kiddies, following you around at the schoolyard, swing your detector for a while. Let them get a signal and dig up a coin, and have his/her "first find" as a TH'er. Earn their respect, lead by example!

Teach them the right way to be a part of this hobby so it may be accepted as a good thing to be doing in the years to come. They will be the ones to do the same thing ten years from now and we will all be better off!
Look at the joy in there faces!!!

DO A BIG THING!
and document it here!
Maybe it will catch on and we all will be doing at least one per day.

ie:

Save a life, be the one who is brave enough to take the risk and try!

Donate to charity. Give back some of what you have earned to those who don't have anything, or not enough.
Karma is a powerful thing!

Donate your time and volunteer for a good cause, or any cause. It doesn't have to be an "official cause", just do it! Yes, you may miss a metal detecting outing, but the people you will help will forever be grateful. Make a difference!!

When you win the 50/50 raffle at your next event gathering, give it back to the cause. When they double their fund raising, it will make a serious difference. Everyone there will remember what you did, and maybe, just maybe, some will catch the good deed fever and do the same someday.

I CHALLENGE YOU ALL!!!!

DO A GOOD DEED TODAY!!!
and document it here!
Maybe it will catch on and we all will be doing at least one good deed per day.

;D BDoo ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I'll start it off and this is what gave me the idea.

Today, while driving home, there was fender bender. Traffic was backed up for a great distance, creeping along, you know the drill.

I got up to the accident, they were off the road, parked on a side street. One party was dressed to the nines, on their way to a grand event obviously. A car behind me was cutting over to the side, I saw them in my rear view mirror on the two lanes each way road, plus a center "left turn" lane. She pulled out to the right next to me at the accident scene and dropped off an older lady, the dressed up girls mother I think. Then she tried to merge back into the traffic. Three cars in front of me would not let he in even though we were not going any where soon, traffic was creeping along and backed up for at least a quarter mile all the way to the next traffic light.

So I let her go in front of me... no big deal I thought. She waved and smiled, I smiled back and waved.

Then she immediately tried to go over to the far left lane, still diagnal in front of me. Again, for three or four cars, that were not going anywhere soon, would not let here in. She finally got a small opening and pulled over, thinking the person was letting her go... wrong. The lady in that car layed on her horn, flipping this poor lady in distress off, and I could see her just ripping the profane words out of her mouth.

This is where I got the idea. What the heck is the problem with taking 30 seconds to make someone's life a bit easier? Are we that horrid of a society that we dispise anyone who gets in our way... even when we are not going anywhere? Come on people!

The lady ended up just getting out and getting into the left turn lane, turning around and headed the opposite direction. She looked like the grandma that was dropping her daughter off to help her daughter (the grandma's grand daughter who have been in the crash) and then she probably was just going to go back home, she may have lived close by?and it was her grand daugher involved in the accident.

As I drove to the next light, next to this lady who was so upset because granny pulled out in front of her, I just thought, if I ever get that miserable and uncaring...please someone shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!!

What I did today is nothing... but for a brief moment, someone smiled!

BDoo

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Boobydoo said:

Today, while driving home

Today, while driving home, I was using my laptop
to post this message.

Hit a school bus and it burst into flames.

I called the fire department on my cell phone and got the
heck out of there. Feel good about calling the fire department.

Would hate to have that bus burning and blocking traffic.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Alright, but it's my Husband that did the good deed. I drove home from work in the pouring rain, some puddles were so deep.... a car splashed me from the other lane, I couldn't see out the windshield for a second or two. You had to swerve to miss those vehicle sucking puddles. Well I finally make the 4 1/2 mile tretcherous ride home.......I open the car door.... there is a knight in shining armor with an UMBRELLA. Thanks Gerry!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Boobydoo said:

to post this message.

Sherm, don't do that! LOL! I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

I give you a perfect score of ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Boobydoo said:

to post this message.

I can alway count on you Sherm to provide smiles when we need it.
I hope this doesn't turn into a comedy thread. I am seriously upset at the way we act sometimes. oh... this is an anti rant thread...oops!

But if it does... I'll cuss at cha and give you the finger.
Just kidding ::)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BDoo,

some days it is so hard being good ;) ;D

"I can alway count on you Sherm to provide
smiles when we need it."

See, I did good; few smiles I hope ;D ;D

But since you mentioned giving the finger,
think I also did good on that while driving
today. Only had to use it three or four times. ;)

Beep, beep, beep...............

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
BDoo,

I have been working (and playing) too much of late... I guess I am past that stage today, overtired.

I wish I had had the Darth Vader invisible grip to stangle the impatient @%#@% next to me today. I am sorry, I really felt bad for the granny lady and just do not understand why it is like this out ther.

I still love ya Sherm... in a manly way of course ;D

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
BlueShadow said:
This didn't happen today but about two weeks ago I was driving home from MDing just ready to turn onto the freeway, there on the side of the road was a frightened little ol lady who's van was stalled, I pulled over at first she was scared, but I reassured her I was there as a friend, She told me her Transmission was fouled up. She didn't bring her cell phone and wanted to call her Son. well to make a long story short I let her use my cell phone (the call was out of area, I spoke to her son and he asked me if I would mind giving her a ride to a certain spot that he would pick her up at, I agreed even though it was further out of my way than the didstance I had left to go home, When we got to The McDonald's where he was going to meet her, he wasn't there, she was frightened I took her into Macs and bought her a coffee and an applepie we talked a little until her Son finally showed up. He thanked me and ask if there was anything he could do to repay my kindness and I answered yes there is,. you promise me that the next time you see somebody in trouble stop and give them a hand and we;ll all be even. He promised. I left feeling good (as I usually do) and immediately got lost and drove around for an hour until I got my barrings, Go figure
Blue

PERFECT!!
You da man Blue.
So what's your cell phone number anyway...
just in case I break down. ;D

Well done comrade!!

Smiles!
DBoo

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Boobydoo said:
BDoo,

I have been working (and playing) too much of late... I guess I am past that stage today, overtired.

I wish I had had the Darth Vader invisible grip to stangle the impatient @%#@% next to me today. I am sorry, I really felt bad for the granny lady and just do not understand why it is like this out ther.

I still love ya Sherm... in a manly way of course ;D

Smiles!

BDoo

BDoo,

in a manly way of course :-* :-*
Will pm you my cell phone number?
;) ;D

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Alright, but it's my Husband that did the good deed. I drove home from work in the pouring rain, some puddles were so deep.... a car splashed me from the other lane, I couldn't see out the windshield for a second or two. You had to swerve to miss those vehicle sucking puddles. Well I finally make the 4 1/2 mile tretcherous ride home.......I open the car door.... there is a knight in shining armor with an UMBRELLA. Thanks Gerry!

You are a lucky person to have him. He deserves big hugs and more! :-* :-*

Thanks for sharing Country Girl!

Smiles!
BDoo

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
How about Something I did to make someone else feel better! :D :D
Went to pick up some lumber and tin roofing at Menards.(Building a covered porch on my potting shed...) Walked around the entire store for two hours....just because I love the way it smells :D Decided I better go across the street to Home Depot and check their prices .
Got to Home Depot and went to open the door and couldnt find my wallet. Oh my Gosh....It has my life in it :'( Went back to Menards and reported it...No wallet....The courtesy young man at the door helped me search the parking lot for an hour....no luck.
I couldnt believe it ...drove straight to the bank...emptied my checking and savings and cancelled my cards....praying the entire time that someone would please find it and return it.
The day got longer and longer and I knew I had better start cancelling the rest of my cards. Just then there was a knock at the door . A young man who was obvisiously handicapped asked me if I had lost a wallet. I started happily jumping up and down and he said his mom was in the car with it. I walked out to the street to see this harried looking lady with three more handicapped children in her car. She handed me the wallet and said " The Lord told me to do the right thing" . She had found it in the parking lot of Home Depot...it must have fallen out when I startwed to get out.I couldnt believe that she had brought that wallet all the way back to my house. I asked her if she wanted anything for it and she said no. But I gave her twenty for gas anyway, because it would have cost me way more than that to have to replace everything in that wallet.
So there ....I made someone else feel better! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
At the company picnic watermelon eating contest this young lady started choking. I had just finished my Red Cross training a few months before. Everyone around seemed not too notice, as the competition was pretty fierce ::) , even her own Dad was across the table and looking straight at her, and didn't seem to notice. She had swallowed a piece down the wrong pipe, and a pretty good hunk, too. I popped it out using the Heimlich, and walked her over away from the crowd so she could get some air. She was fine, thank goodness.

She was just scared, not hurt as it had come out before she even passed out or anything. The next day her Dad came over to me at work and thanked me for saving her life.... I dunno about that, but I gave him a big ol' You're Welcome, anyways.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Strange day actualy,

Thought I had coyotes in the lower pasture. One or two don't concern me too much as the horses don't leave too much when they get done stomping on one.

The horses got pushed into the fence by something .... don't know what.
By the time I got down there they had run afoul of the fence and a couple of posts. some of them were pretty cut up.

Needless to say my good deed involved some Novacain and a suture set (several)
I sewed untill I lost count of stitches, But all in all the ones I had to stich still followed me like puppies the quarter mile to the house.

Still feeling pretty good about avoiding a vet bill, Fixed the fence, Even got to do some MDing arround the old farmhouse foundation. Good Karma comes back around.

Maybe tomorrow I can go fishing.

OD

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boobydoo said:

to post this message.

ylsuper.gif

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Mass is having a 20 million dollar sweepstakes, basically you buy a $20 ticket scratch off your numbers and on the 4th of july they will announce the winning numbers. There will be 1 $20 mill prize, 10 $1 mill prizes, 40 $250,000 prizes. Because ticket sales aren't going well they are having daily drawings until the 4th of $1000.

Well I found a ticket in a car that was traded by an older gentleman, just laying on the back seat. He said he had cleaned the car out. I called him and told him I found it and he should come pick it up. He didn't even know he'd lost it. I hope he wins the $20 million! Good luck to you Sir!

Southernhunter

Sep 21, 2006
Florida
I'll talk about two things I feel pretty good about.

1. Some years ago I owned a trailer park in NE Georgia in a town about 17 miles north of I-85 near South Carolina. On a cloudy afternoon after hauling trash and collecting rent I had just arrived back at the freeway and stopped to get a cup of coffee at a Chevron station. As I walked past a VW bug with the rear hood up I saw an elderly black lady talking with a police officer in the parking lot. After doing my business I walk out & she was standing by the back of the VW looking a little forlorn. Glancing at her car I see the drive belt is chewed up so I say, lost your drive belt? (I know, "Here's your sign") She says yes & that the cop wouldn't even help her. We chatted a bit and I eyeball the pulley setup & decide to help her if I can so I get my trusty phone book & cell phone and make some calls. It seems the nearest town with an auto parts store is where I had just come from! Any way, I tell her to go get a bite to eat & I'll be back after awhile & we'll get her fixed up. 34 miles later, I've got the belt, I put it on in the rain & get the woman on her way. She was going in my same direction, so I told her if she had any more problems just pull over & I'd be along. She tried to pay me but I wouldn't have any of it. Apparently she was going to a gospel concert in Atlanta and she thought I was some kind of angel sent to help her on her way. If she only knew ;D

2. For Christmas this last year I contacted preachers locally and asked if they could recommend needy families that may like a good Christmas dinner and I put together a list of ten.
I went to Publix and ordered ten turkey dinners (serves 7-10) & the wife and I made some sweet corn & French silk pies (her's are awesome) and My wife, son & I went out and delivered them on Christmas eve anonymously. That was a kick.

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
I sat Sunday with a neighbor who needed a shoulder to cry on, her father had just passed away.
Yesterday my daughter and I helped a friend of hers bury her pet ducks which had been killed by a stray dog.
This morning I gave a neighbor a ride to the auto-part store to get some parts to fix his car.
Good deeds?
Nope, simple kindness.

SouthernHunter, I don't live in your area but I have been in a position where my kids and I received that anonymous help. I know I speak for those whom you helped in saying their thanks transcend words and the difference it made was profound. :)

Thanks Bdoo, it's great to see such a positive post.
;D
DD

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
CG

I must say I have enjoyed this thread, Very much indeed.

Hope it stays as stress free as it has been.

Keep a light heart and a tight ship
OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread