Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
For many years on this forum people have asked who I really am? Am I what I say I am? I felt confident laying amid the lore of the last several decades; however, no longer is my identity safe...

Recently, MTV (yes, MTV!) started a new series called the Chronicles of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Some of you have probably read these books. Most of you most likely have no idea what I am talking about. And personally, how it ended up in the hands of MTV is a crime to all those who have followed Shannara through the years.

None the less, In the Fourth episode I saw that my identity was briefly mentioned. Crispin, Captain of the Homeguard. I wish they had left me out; alas, that is not the case, it is me...

Twenty years ago a broken child from a broken family chose a hero to model himself after. I took on the alias Crispin, and modeled myself after the creation of Terry Brooks in the Elfstones of Shannara. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be revealed as such. Yet...hear I am...laid open to all the world...For those of you who know the story then you know what part I play. If any of you care to watch the series...you will know me better...

Ain't Karma a Bitz?
Crispin

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when I start caring who you are I will let you know

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mean? are we all not just a name and an avatar here? who are any of us?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah, who can crispin be in real life that I care about?

I cannot imagine a name he could post that would get me concerned,
he is someone and so are we all. as the Beatles said let it be

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah, who can crispin be in real life that I care about?

A couple of years ago when the battles existed on the old 2nd Amendment forum, things got really tough. Crispin went way underground for months. Fortunately he returned and has done some pretty good stuff, now living in Florida. He's posting finds -- that's more than I am doing. In my near 3 years here only once have I posted my finds. I post too many opinions, get occasional pops from those opinions. But that's okay as my skin is pretty thick. Jeff, you provide me many, many smiles and giggles! Keep it up :)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
For many years on this forum people have asked who I really am? Am I what I say I am? I felt confident laying amid the lore of the last several decades; however, no longer is my identity safe...

Recently, MTV (yes, MTV!) started a new series called the Chronicles of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Some of you have probably read these books. Most of you most likely have no idea what I am talking about. And personally, how it ended up in the hands of MTV is a crime to all those who have followed Shannara through the years.

None the less, In the Fourth episode I saw that my identity was briefly mentioned. Crispin, Captain of the Homeguard. I wish they had left me out; alas, that is not the case, it is me...

Twenty years ago a broken child from a broken family chose a hero to model himself after. I took on the alias Crispin, and modeled myself after the creation of Terry Brooks in the Elfstones of Shannara. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would be revealed as such. Yet...hear I am...laid open to all the world...For those of you who know the story then you know what part I play. If any of you care to watch the series...you will know me better...

Ain't Karma a Bitz?
Crispin

Never heard or read of such goings ons.
See some resemblance to what little such type genre that is familiar after searching for and locating description of the works/stones/chronicals.
So..what have we learned besides avoiding bridges and tight spots of stone?
Don't look at the reapers face unstoned perhaps....lest ye perish...falling again.

Into the Fire
Dokken

You weave your spell
Your eyes beckon me
Your lips they speak, lies and misery
I know it's wrong, but I can't turn away
The flames draw near, they're telling me to stay
I'm falling
(Into the fire) I'm falling
Into the fire
Your love burns bright, and yet the flames are cold
This time I fear, you won't be back no more
When will it end, your love consumes my soul
Into the fire, I'm being tempted once more
I'm falling
(Into the fire) I'm falling
Into the fire
Take me back where I came back
Don't wanna see your face no more
You broke my heart, now it's not the same
I'm falling, again
I'm falling, again
Into the fire

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I didn't mean I don't care about crispin, just that who cares who any of us are?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I don't know who any one is. But I must say, Jeff Gordon reminds me of myself when I was younger.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Heh... What me worry...? GREAT mag in my younger days... riding my bicycle into town, drinking RC soda, eating a Moon-Pie, fishing by the Shenandoah River, camping in the mountains...

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking, "group hug." Because, well, I care. I don't need to know who you really are, just how insane you might actually be. :laughing7:
And Terry, at least you still have fair guess where your second wife was from, but can you remember her name? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread