Morel Mushrooms

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
YEP! NOW is the time! Cleaned up, sliced up, fried in butter... YUM! Spring "Ritual" for US!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! NOW is the time! Cleaned up, sliced up, fried in butter... YUM! Spring "Ritual" for US!
Headed to the woods now with a net sack, two feral children, a beautiful wife and too much camera equipment!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2008+one.jpg

I usually chop down one or two, hard to find bags big enough.:laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Snow forecast here for tomorrow. Frown.
The past week was shaping up nice....
Have fun out there pickers!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I find it's easy to grow them. Just chip up a bunch on Douglas-fir branches when green, add some charcoal, spray with Morchella angusticeps slurry (dried mixed with a quart of water) and spread out on the bed. Each spore will produce a bunch of mycelium, and there should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 million spores present in that quart.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia "LEGEND" of "Murtels" as we called 'em... know where to look; dark, loamy soil, in the mountains. Walking by, nothing found... THEN! Looking back, THERE they ARE... MAGIC! Mountain "little ppl" do it! Heh...
HAPPY EATING!

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia "LEGEND" of "Murtels" as we called 'em... know where to look; dark, loamy soil, in the mountains. Walking by, nothing found... THEN! Looking back, THERE they ARE... MAGIC! Mountain "little ppl" do it! Heh...
HAPPY EATING!
For some reason, that made me nostalgic for a place and times I don't know. Maybe it's the red clay here...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
For some reason, that made me nostalgic for a place and times I don't know. Maybe it's the red clay here...

HA! Red Clay is FAMOUS for NOTHING! Had too much of it in my CONSTRUCTION WORK days, before going to BRCC/JMU. Gotta get to mountains/woods... look under various trees; dark, loamy soil (GREAT for fishing worms, too!). Met MANY Ginseng gatherers of the mountains, who gave me their "stash" of Murtels, if I didn't turn 'em in (cousin was a DEPUTY... HA!).

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dry land fish..Hickory chickens..call them what you want,just MMMMM GOOD!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. Will have part 2 up soon. Should be finished filming by the weekend.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1293635

I usually chop down one or two, hard to find bags big enough.:laughing7:

What the hell.... :laughing7: We here wouldn't even think of that as worthy.... :dontknow: Around here I load up the log chain, small 18' bar chainsaw, fire up 500 cc ATV then drag a few home. I have a freezer for this sole purpose. Are you kidding me...????? It takes DAYS for my wife and I to process the 4-5 I drag home in the spring. Give me a break buddy.... :laughing7::laughing7:

I'll wake up soon....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What the hell.... :laughing7: We here wouldn't even think of that as worthy.... :dontknow: Around here I load up the log chain, small 18' bar chainsaw, fire up 500 cc ATV then drag a few home. I have a freezer for this sole purpose. Are you kidding me...????? It takes DAYS for my wife and I to process the 4-5 I drag home in the spring. Give me a break buddy.... :laughing7::laughing7:

I'll wake up soon....

Oh Yaaaa?
When I was a kid...:laughing7:

022-3003.jpg

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Torture for me, morels come in may in my place. Enjoy, lucky ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread